Working with Elements (Mainly Earth, help please??)

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Midnight_Raven_96

Post by Midnight_Raven_96 »

I think I'm the element Earth, I'm a Taurus, born in 1996 on may 9th (mothers day actually, wonder if Mother Earth is part of that?) Anyway, Ive never really been connected to earth, but not that i realize it, i always did love bring in grass, fascinated with rocks, loved climbing trees and always found flowers to be a stunning. Im new to witchcraft, so realizing this has opened my eyes already, just from this post.

Why am I so in love with fire, earth, water, wind, and electricity? I dont understand it, but I cant describe the amazingness of what I feel when I swim or enjoy the breeze, or watch a fire at midnight, or listen to the thunder boom and lightning hit the ground, and feeling the grass beneath my feet.
How can I get more connected with my element?
How do I know for sure that it is indeed Earth that is mine?
How can I use my element and treat it more like a friend than an object?
And how do I call spirits, or god/dess's that are connected to my element?
What goddesses are there?

Im so new to all of this and I dont know where to begin.
And can I heal plants and trees that have been hurt? Theres this old tree behind my house, and I broke a couple of its branches before i realized what i was doing and i dont know if its even alive (its winter atm, as most already know) since its leaves are gone, but how can i restore its health, or atleast ensure its survival?

P.S: Im terrible at meditating and I dont have money, or time (due to school, Girlfriend who wont let me have a day to myself, and parents who are like hawks watching me, i cant do much) so i need answers i could work with, please.
All help is appreciated.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Working with Elements (Mainly Earth, help please??)

Post by SnowCat »

The Elements are your friends, so just speak to them like friends. You can speak mentally, or pretend you're on a cell phone, whichever works. Ask the dryad of the tree to forgive you for the damage you caused. We had to trim a couple of our trees a few months ago. I asked their forgiveness in advance.

I don't really have any advice on the parents or girlfriend. I wasn't micromanaging my daughter by the time she was your age. I figured she had a goid head in her shoulders. And I don't have the energy to try to micromanage my husband. He's on his own. LOL!

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Working with Elements (Mainly Earth, help please??)

Post by Firebird »

Hi there midnight. I have found one of the best ways to connect to Earth is to plant a garden. Now you may have to wait due to the winter, but is a perfect time to plan. And as Snow said, talk to the elements as if they were a friend. We are made up of all the elements, so they are within us always.
You might want to tell the girlfriend outright, "I need a little time to myself"
Meditating takes time and practice, but thankfully it doesn't cost anything.
Also you are what...20? maybe have a talk with your parents about cutting you some slack, provided you can pick up the ball in other areas, ie; yard work, household chores, help in anyway you can, show you are responsible.
Send prayers to the tree that was hurt, and wait til Ostara to see if it buds out.
As for Gods and Goddesses there is a forum here that covers many of the deities
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... esses.html
Hope this helps, tell us how you are coming along...
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Jonjonsalinas_

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

As a witch also connected to the element earth, my best advice for you would be to plant a garden. Feel the energy of all living things, we all come from Mother Nature! And yes, you definitely can heal anything or anyone! It does take time to harness any ability and takes plenty of practice. Although practice does make perfect, I recommend you practice on plants and animals before moving on to people; sometimes healing people takes a ton of energy! But the best thing to do overall, go with your gut feeling! Earth is a beautiful element and she will show you many beautiful things on your journey! Blessed be
Bright blessings,
Jonathon

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”