Pagan Book Review / Discussion / Club

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pagan Book Review / Discussion / Club

Post by Xiao Rong »

I would like to propose a pagan book review subforum. A lot of us have come to paganism through books and it'd be great if we could have a forum where we can post reviews about pagan-related books that we've read as part of our spiritual growth and development, thoughts we've had about it, whether or not we'd recommend it to others, etc. We can also discuss authors that many of us have already read and perhaps have strong opinions about (cough: Silver Ravenwolf, Buckland, and Cunningham). Currently these discussions seem to be scattered throughout the "General Questions" forum and I think it might be helpful to centralize them.

What do you think?
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
scaravich

Re: Pagan Book Review / Discussion / Club

Post by scaravich »

This is a great idea! I second this movement :3
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Xiao Rong, hi scaravich (and welcome to the board, by the way). You know, coincidentally I was looking at the Pagan/Witchcraft Book Trade forum the other day, and I thought, "It'd be nice if people started posting in here," since no one has opened a thread in there (except one person, MotherofDragons) since Starwitch created that forum some months ago.

...and this can't be because no one here reads books, not the way we're always recommending books to each other, lol. I think people simply don't notice it's there. Instead of only trading a trading focus, we could also write and post reviews of books, have discussions about them, etc....a forum is what you make of it. smiley_dance

So, what say you all? Instead of requesting that Starwitch create another book forum, shall we just utilize the existing one from now on for this purpose?

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Oh, yeah, I knew that forum existed but I didn't know if it was appropriate for the purpose of discussing book reviews. Do you think we could rename that particular forum? I'd love to start posting book reviews!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

How 'bout the ALL things book thread...reviews, trade, new books, old books, where to go to find books (since all the book stores are closing) book reading lists...etc??? I think re-naming the thread is an excellent suggestion.

FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Great!!!

Go ahead and jump in, post whatever book-related stuff you want to post in the forum, don't wait for the name change....

In the meantime, I will pass the idea along to Starwitch, so she may change the name for us. But it may be a few days before she could do it --or it may be today, I don't know her schedule-- either way, I don't want you to feel that you have to "wait"

Remember, she sets up these forums in the first place because she wants people to use them, not so they will sit around empty. She probably set up that book trade forum because someone else requested it (like the "In Memory of..." forum, recently), but then the requester never even used it, but I don't know what the story is on that.

Anyway, don't sweat it, just jump in!

OK, I'll start...

:)

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Let me know if you guys want to use that forum for everything book related or just book reviews. It's fine with me either way.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Never mind, we already have a Buy/Sell/Trade forum here:

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... trade.html
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Its been working out great! Xiao is an excellent reviewer!
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

This is an awesome plan. I read all the time and that forum was collecting dust, hopefully everyone will begin using it more often now.

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”