Your First Spell..

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
moonwitch*

Your First Spell..

Post by moonwitch* »

Hi all .. just wondering....
What was your first spell ( that worked )? And how long did it take before you got one to work?
Moon Witch
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Oh hecky..............umm. I did a protection spell I think, to protect me against a boy who was giving me hassle because I was ginger....eeep! Or maybe it was the blessing, for a girl who was having a hard time at school. I am proud to say it was NOT a love spell. Yay!!! How about you?
AnuChild

Post by AnuChild »

Assuming that we aren't talking meditative spells like circle casting... I made an offeratory spell to the Goddess for a peaceful household and the next day my family came to several minor resolutions we had been arguing about.

And I can honestly say I've never tried a love spell.
Come, heart, where hill is heaped upon hill:
For there the mystical brotherhood
Of sun and moon and hollow and wood
And river and stream work out their will.

W. B. Yeats, Into the Twilight
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Mine was a bit more self indulgent than that :?

It was a glamour spell ( see I do know what little confidence you teens have :wink: )and I had to lie in a bathful of water and Witch Hazel Bark (it was fun trying to find that 15 years ago I can tell you!!). I lit a candle and recited a few words to Aphrodite.

Did it work????

Of course, I'm GORGEOUS now! :D

hedge
Matt*

First Spell

Post by Matt* »

My First Spell was a protection spell, and it worked

I knew then I had a special gift for Magick

Matt
Am I awake or am I still dreaming?
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Mine was a Prosperity spell. Items: Green figure candle, wealthy way sprinkle powder, peppermint oil, green aventurine stones, "Goddess" insence, and all kinds of medtiative chants etc. It worked wonders. It was not about money, but about wealth--this is very different than a money spell. After I did that I did not get sick for about 3 years and my marks at school were high and I made many new friends. I held a high paying part time job and life just kept rolling along nice and smooth. I think the spell is still working as I still am prosperous all around. During this spell, I think I was 16 or 17, I met Hecate for the first time. She has protected me ever since and so I am very glad that I did this spell as she continues to be an important Goddess energy in my life. Hecate can be a little rash and mean but she does this to provoke you toward higher and higher potential.

Blessings,

bsp
moonwitch*

Post by moonwitch* »

Wow... that is great that all of you had such good luck ( and stayed away from the love spells :D ....)
Moon Witch
darkestlight*

Post by darkestlight* »

Mine was kinds selfish.. but..

I have to say my first spell was a bind someone annoying spell...

and it seemed to work out ok.
Lora
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

Mine was the invisi spell. i didnt do my maths homework and he was shouting at everyone giving them detention if they hadnt done it. He was goin row by row and when it came to me? Missed me out completely.
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
Tinevisce

Post by Tinevisce »

I believe my 1st spell was a banishing spell.In fact, it was the one that tried out a no. of times, to her success, which she put up on her site.I *think* I banished 'disbelief'.I was having a little too much skepticism in me, and I wanted to get rid of it.So, I used that spell, and it worked, I believe 100% in magick now- er, unless of course someone comes around claiming to be able to throw fire balls and the like!
Abhishek
"The witch who can't hex, can't heal"
"Follow The Threefold Laws ye should,
Three times bad and three times good"
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

darkestlight wrote:Mine was kinds selfish.. but..

I have to say my first spell was a bind someone annoying spell...

and it seemed to work out ok.
sigh..... confession time... yes... mine was as well, (cuz we did it together) It did work... but geez was I stupid.... I should have gotten educated and all before I even thought about trying it. I guess thats why I keep telling ppl to get educated first.. because of how I was lol. feel free to yell at me all you want. it was like 5 years ago. lol learned my lesson.
**Nothing is set in stone**
Pessamistic Angel

Post by Pessamistic Angel »

So was mine ,
I wanted a friendto be happier with someone else so i did a spell and now she is happier but none of us like him
:roll:
Heaven Wouldnt Take Me And Hell Was Scared Id Take Over...
Yes, Im Evil. But Its Part Of My Charm.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Mine was a protective chant that I still do til this day. IT works withthe stars. ( Which is grand because it can be use durning the day ie the sun.)
Dark Mage

First Spell

Post by Dark Mage »

Its interesting that most of your first spells were for your own benefit rather than others. Its a natural progression in magick. When some begins to practice they often have the (conscious or subconscious) feeling that they want to rule the world and get as much power as possible.

Over a period of time the magickian then realises that it works on a more subtle level and they change their workings to accomplish other targets in their life but not necessarily for their own empowerment.

My first "spell" - I hate the word "spell" btw - it was about 15 years ago and it was a simple protection spell. Since then I have never looked back - magick is about creating the future and not looking at past glories.

.: DM :.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's a pretty creepy looking avatar Dark Mage. I hope you don't look like that. lol.

My first spell wasn't really a spell. It was more like positive thinking and goal making. I wanted to do several things - get a job, get my drivers license back (taken away for DUI and could not afford to get it back), get a car, and ultimately, move out on my own away from my first husband. It all worked out for me, in that order, and it makes a great story if I tell it right.

The first REAL spell I did was that banishing spell that I wrote myself that is mentioned above. I had a neighbor (at the apartment that I moved to after leaving my husband) that was horrible and an energy vampire, really obnoxious person, and I banished her. She ended up moving in with a new boyfriend across town, so that worked out well for us all. I also used the same banishing spell on another neighbor who was awful and liked to knock on your door at 2:00 am to try to get you to take her downtown (for crack probably - I didn't answer the door.) She was a real nuisance. I did the banishing spell on her. A short time later, she beat up the old man she was living with. She actually was beating him on the head outside their apartment door, while he was crouched down in a fetal position. He was a small man and very timid. I called the cops, of course. She wasn't on the lease there, and they arrested her for battery and also banned her from the apartments. So that worked out great for me. Those are really about the only spells I've ever had to do. Life is good now and I don't spend my time doing spells when they aren't needed. I'm not superstitious and don't have any need for protection spells really. Well, when I'm driving in the car in some bad rain, I often say the Angel Spell that is on my site. I like that one and I have all 26 or so lines memorized. So I call the angels to protect me if I feel like I'm in danger.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”