A few questions about dowsing

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Selena Silverlynx

A few questions about dowsing

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

Hello!
I have purchased a dowsing crystal and I'm going to use it soon. I have a few questions:
1. How do you hold the dowsing cord? I don't want it to swing because I move my hand and arm.
2. What type of chart can you make?
3. Does dowsing give directions about things, like trying to find a person who you want to visit?
4. Does dowsing attract spirits? If so, how do you chase the negative ones away?
5. Do you need to affirm the dowsing crystal, like ''I now affirm you for dowsing''?

Thank you!
Selena Silverlynx
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Autumnal Eclipse

Re: A few questions about dowsing

Post by Autumnal Eclipse »

If you mean a crystal pendulum, I have a few answers for you.
1. How do you hold the dowsing cord? I don't want it to swing because I move my hand and arm.
Hold it by putting your elbow on the table and letting it dangle down. Just try to keep your arm as still as possible!
Anything you want, really! A quick Google image search will provide you with ones you can print yourself if you don't feel like making your own!
Does dowsing give directions about things, like trying to find a person who you want to visit?
I can't answer this one for sure, seeing as I've never used one in this manner, but you could continually ask it yes and no questions until you get your desired result!
Does dowsing attract spirits? If so, how do you chase the negative ones away?
I've never had a bad experience with one, but it couldn't hurt to use a protection spell, charm, or salt circle, I suppose.
Do you need to affirm the dowsing crystal, like ''I now affirm you for dowsing"?
I don't think so, but you do need to ask it which direction means yes and which means no.

I hope this helps!
Selena Silverlynx

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

Autumnal Eclipse wrote:If you mean a crystal pendulum, I have a few answers for you.
Hold it by putting your elbow on the table and letting it dangle down. Just try to keep your arm as still as possible!
Anything you want, really! A quick Google image search will provide you with ones you can print yourself if you don't feel like making your own!
Does dowsing give directions about things, like trying to find a person who you want to visit?
I can't answer this one for sure, seeing as I've never used one in this manner, but you could continually ask it yes and no questions until you get your desired result!
Does dowsing attract spirits? If so, how do you chase the negative ones away?
I've never had a bad experience with one, but it couldn't hurt to use a protection spell, charm, or salt circle, I suppose.
Do you need to affirm the dowsing crystal, like ''I now affirm you for dowsing"?
I don't think so, but you do need to ask it which direction means yes and which means no.

I hope this helps!
Thank you, Autumnal! :)
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Autumnal Eclipse

Post by Autumnal Eclipse »

No problem! Good luck, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Return to “General Divination”