Followers of Loki?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
themulberrydoge

Followers of Loki?

Post by themulberrydoge »

I was wondering how many other people on here are worshipers of Loki, if anyone does? I know not a lot of people think He should be worshiped...
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Followers of Loki?

Post by Firebird »

Hi themulberrydoge, Loki, as I understand, is a force to be reckoned with and he is not for everyone. Many think he is simply a trickster but he has been known to be very malevolent. It is really your choice.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

My ex-boyfriend is a Lokean... I wouldn't say I am, but I do follow his daughter Hel and his blood-brother Odin, and I'm never certain how I feel about Loki post-Baldr... I see no problem with worshipping Loki, but there are some Asatruar/Norse Pagans who would kick you out of circle for even breathing his name...
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Loki tends to have a bad reputation because of his behavior. The way he's portryed on the big screen doesn't reall help either. But I don't think he's all bad. He can be a problem child, but in many ways, he makes us think outside the box. If you know that he might steer you down the wrong path, you might be more inlined to examine your own actions and motives. I don't think I've encountered any pantheon that lacks a trickster of some sort. Maybe they're a necessary aspect to provide balance and completness.

On a personal note, my Loki is a little tummy-rub loving instigator of fur-flying combat.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
River SilverWolf

Post by River SilverWolf »

SnowCat wrote:Loki tends to have a bad reputation because of his behavior. The way he's portryed on the big screen doesn't reall help either. But I don't think he's all bad. He can be a problem child, but in many ways, he makes us think outside the box. If you know that he might steer you down the wrong path, you might be more inlined to examine your own actions and motives. I don't think I've encountered any pantheon that lacks a trickster of some sort. Maybe they're a necessary aspect to provide balance and completness.

On a personal note, my Loki is a little tummy-rub loving instigator of fur-flying combat.

Frosty
My German Shepherd is named Loki too. :o
Although we didn't name her, she was already named when we adopted her. Although she's a really good dog and doesn't get into trouble. When people learn the name of my dog they do ask if we are big fans of Thor (or Avengers) or from the Pagan friendly folks if we follow Loki and the like lore etc..
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I have an aquaintence that summed up her relationship with Loki as a chaos bomb going off in her life. You have to be prepared for many things to fall apart, but in that discord lies lessons that he will impart to you. As long as you've readied yourself for that, and he wants to be an influence in your life, then go with it. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
julietaw

Post by julietaw »

I think Loki is trying to contact me. What should I do? What should I prepare for if he is?
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Hey julietaw,

Prepare for anything, hon. While Loki is not malicious, in my experience, he is certainly tricky. According to the friend I mentioned, he is from the school of tough love. You will likely have many things fall apart on you, relationships, items, beliefs, but this is in order to teach you valuable lessons that he believes you need to know. Loki has a mercurial nature, according to what I've seen and heard, and will likely put you through a series of challenges that you will need to overcome. You will need to think fast on your feet, be imaginative, but most importantly, be dedicated. Loki's call isn't one to answer on a whim.

Now I know that this may sound depressing, but also keep in mind that anything he throws at you, will make you stronger. Trials by fire, if you will. And he may only pass through your life, imparting a small lesson or guidance to you before being off on his merry way. I would suggest that you do a good bit of research on others who've been called by him, since their personal experience would far surpass my cursory knowledge could give you. Here are some links to some websites that might help. :)

http://lokeans.tumblr.com/post/10975453 ... od-touched

http://walkingwithtricksters.blogspot.c ... y.html?m=1
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I don't work with Loki specifically but I have no issues with the Rokkr in general. I would agree with Heartsong. He's not gonna play nice as far as lessons. They will be blunt and honest but they are done to make you better. He's also very loyal to those he works with.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

After doing some reaearch about Loki, I'm beginning to see his influnce in my life for a long time now. Bast and Sekhmet have been very upfront. Loki, not so much. Looking back at events in my life though, I can see an influence of Loki and Reya. I wouldn't have expected the combination of Egyptian and Norse, but there's a certain polar symmetry to the whole thing.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I've been thinking about the chaos that has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. It was always there. I always learned from it and got through it. I understand now, that Loki has always been there. So has Freya. I've had multiple dreams of being or encountering a Valkyrie. The conversations with my dad about the Norse heritage in our British Ilses gene pool. It's all been there for me to see. It just had to wait for the right time.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
asthesunlovesthemoon

Post by asthesunlovesthemoon »

I've actually been rather close with Loki lately. I feel his energy around me, and sometimes I can feel him holding me or comforting me. I have had no problems in my life lately at all, but I have learned several lessons which still haunt me slightly. Perhaps the chaos is yet to begin for me, but honestly, I can see myself being devoted to him. I've been doing much researh on him lately, and our relationship is simply kind and tender. To me he represents intelligence and free will.

There was a story, and he killed one of Odin's sons. The mother of this son spoke to all things and made them swear to not harm him. The only thing she left out was mistletoe, so Loki killed him with that. Fir that he has an etrrnal punishment. I believe this represents a lesson- you can not escape death.

Though Loki has harmed others, he has helped others. Honestly, all gods at one point harmed someone. Though, Loki seems to have quite a bittersweet relationship with the other gods. He is very intent on teaching them about their wrondoings, which I think is important.

Loki is very kind and gentle with me, and I love him a lot, and I think he has helped me in ways as well. I've been so much happier since I've interacted with him. What I do sometimes is meditate while vizualizing a place like a beach, and I have special music that reminds me of this place, but before I start I ask him to meet me there, and I can visalize him clearly for a few seconds. I also like to sit in a cast circle and ask him to join me, and this is when I can feel him. Sometimes I will just be laying in bed, and I can feel him holding me, though sometimes he feels a bit cold.

Someone tell me I'm not crazy for having a gentle and loving relationship with him.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Since I realized that Loki has been a presence in my life for many years, I've been feeling much calmer. I feel his presence as a quiet strength. Certainly nothing like the movie version. I think that Loki sometimes gives us a steep learning curve, but at the same time, he's actually very supportive.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
asthesunlovesthemoon

Post by asthesunlovesthemoon »

I do visualize Loki with the same appearance of the movie Loki, and I sympathize with him as well. Movie Loki and I went through similar things, abandonment and such. I sympathize with actual Loki because he has made mistakes and he is far different than others. Being in Asgard, he must have been raised into hating his kind, and similarly, I hate myself.

I just want to wrap both of them in blanket gods, I'm having a moment. I've actually been very emotional speaking to Loki when I pray to him, I was in tears several times before because of the strong emotions I feel for him.
azriel

Post by azriel »

Loki is one of my patron deities and has been for most of my life. One of the first things I did when I was researching this path were the patterns in my life that hold some meaning. I noticed that I had a lot of "bad luck" and when I was younger I took these experiences harshly. I also noticed that I experienced harsher things when I was younger than as an adult. I believe that while adults can change and learn as well, the easiest way to strengthen someone's will is to experience them as a child, and grow up with the knowledge of how to deal with certain situations.
As I got older I noticed that in the long run, I became a better person due to the bad experiences and the ending of my relationships with people, places and things.
I also became interested in the co-relationship with order/ chaos, life and death, and how one can not live without the other. Many ancient traditions recognized that chaos is a part of life and should be accepted.
When I realized that Loki was one of my patron deities I realized that I should no longer be offended by the bad. Now, whenever something unexpected happens, I take some time to calm myself and think and then I get back to work, often with better results then before.
You are most welcome to honor Loki, but do so with an understanding that the unexpected can happen, in various ways, and will ultimately make you a stronger person, or sometimes protect you from unhealthy, external influences in your life. Many times Loki has ended my connections with people, schools, and jobs because they were causing me to lose my self confidence and I began belittling myself.
As for offerings, I use a deep red candle inscribed with a rune that signifies his influence in my life and utilize it to connect with him. Generally he just likes attention and if you spend some time talking with him then he should be fine.

Blessed Be,
Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”