The moon phases/hand gestures

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
QuestionableEnergy

The moon phases/hand gestures

Post by QuestionableEnergy »

Is there a good place to find the moon phases and what energy comes from it? Also cannot find anywhere the hand gestures and what the stand for.
MsMollimizz

Re: The moon phases/hand gestures

Post by MsMollimizz »

moonconnection.com has day-by-day moon phases...
For the other, I think you'll have to go to Amazon
for that one ! I believe(could be wrong) that
Dorothy Morrison has a book out that may be
what you are looking for ???
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

QuestionableEnergy wrote:Is there a good place to find the moon phases and what energy comes from it? Also cannot find anywhere the hand gestures and what the stand for.
Are you talking about gestures like Mano Figa or something more like Mudras?
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
QuestionableEnergy

MsMollimizz thanks for the link for the moon phases it will be helpful! I am just trying to retain as much knowledge as I can so that I may continue this growth.

DPhoenix I am not sure I was reading a section in The Solitary Practitioner and there was a whole section on gesturing...SO I dont know the difference of Mano Figa or something more like Mudras..How ever now that I have the terminology I am going to look more into it. On the web they only show "famous" peoples pics but doesn't explain what the gestures stand for..Its been a journey to obtain this knowledge.
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I'm pretty sure that no one has any idea what you're talking about when you ask about these "gestures." Do you have any more details, or context, that could help us figure out what you mean?
Klia

Post by Klia »

To remember them, this may help:

Reading the moon from left to right, waxing is when it is getting smaller. Think of a candle and how it gets smaller (candle wax).
If the moon is getting bigger, it is waning.
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Klia wrote:To remember them, this may help:

Reading the moon from left to right, waxing is when it is getting smaller. Think of a candle and how it gets smaller (candle wax).
If the moon is getting bigger, it is waning.
Actually, it is the reverse of this.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Vervain is right. To be completely clear, the moon is "read" right to left. Waxing is when the moon is getting larger (the crescent will be on the right during this time); waning is when the moon is getting smaller (the crescent will be on the left).

~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
QuestionableEnergy

I am talking about mudras. I think. Reading The Solitary Practitioner they have a whole chapter on Gestures and how its a way of communication. When looked up under mudras, I found a lot of more information. I guess for searching purposes the right lingo may be helpful.

The moon phasing is very interesting..but is it important? Other then for rituals? I do feel different eneregy during diffrent phases....Is this normal?
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

QuestionableEnergy wrote:I am talking about mudras. I think. Reading The Solitary Practitioner they have a whole chapter on Gestures and how its a way of communication. When looked up under mudras, I found a lot of more information. I guess for searching purposes the right lingo may be helpful.
Glad you found some information. Yes, specific search terms are usually indispensable.

QuestionableEnergy wrote:The moon phasing is very interesting..but is it important? Other then for rituals? I do feel different eneregy during diffrent phases....Is this normal?
Yes, this is totally normal. It is because of the differences in energy during different moon phases that we link certain types of ritual and magick with different moon phases. You can choose to ignore it, but I personally think that working with rather than against the phases of the moon adds an extra level of power to your magickal workings.
QuestionableEnergy

Okay so I am not weird.. cause when it was at 14% a couple days ago. I had some unusual anxiety..and it was like surges going through my body out of no were. And when I have "normal anxiety" it is usually a medium to long term thing..not shots of it. I could be making something out of nothing but it was unusual. And read something about when its at that percentage you can feel energy like that..Which I know you cannot believe everything you read on the internet...but it made sense.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”