Sweet Dreams Lady

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Alhandra

Sweet Dreams Lady

Post by Alhandra »

Back in 2003. I had a dog called Lady once and she was a king charles cavalier speniel. Anyway when she died I was devastated. The thing is when we got a puppy somet really stranged happened. My new puppy Cally was sitting on my sisters lap asleep and I was sitting next to her. Me. my sister and cally were the only ones in the lounge. My cat sooty had gone up to the upstairs closet to sleep and my other cat skippy was outside and my dad was in the bathroom. Then both me and my sister heard the lounge door been scratched as if a dog or a cat was trying to get in. So my sister told me to let Sooty in. Of course when I opened the lounge door nothing was there. So I went upstairs and sure enough sooty was in the closet, skippy was outside and my dad was still in the bathroom and cally was still on my sisters lap. Do you think it was Lady?
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Alhandra, sorry for the delay in my reply. In answer to your question, yes, I'd say it was her. Here's the reason though... our passed animals tend to stay around their homes for a while. It's more a sense of obligation than desire... they stay because they know you or someone in your house isn't ready to let them go. They want to know that you will be okay without them before they leave.

This is especially true of animals with a strong connection to you. (Or a family member). They come to you in sound (often the collar noise), smell or touch; sometimes even shadow. We had a dog in our lives who left us almost three years ago (in January). I was able to mourn her and let her go, but my husband has still to do that. She's still here. I see her shadow, always alone, quite a lot. I feel her, and hear her at times as well. Always at night. I don't know why, but it's always night.

She was much closer to my husband than me, yet he's still not able to let her go. I don't think he ever will. She seemed to hold some of his childhood dog's spirit. They were both with him a short time.

I have a different philosophy of her death and the nearly-simultanous death of my two rats, but that's another story for another day. (Besides, my mom says I'm nuts for thinking it anyway.... but I do see it's merits.)

So yes, Alhandra... it probably is Lady coming to visit you. Accept her presence, tell her you miss her and love her eternally, but it's okay for her to go on to where she needs to be. She'll still come to visit you, but it'll be her option, not her obligation that brings her to your side.

I am sorry for your loss. It is harder for me to lose a pet than it is anything else. I understand completely. (In fact, my parents have mourned and still mourn the loss of their dogs (my childhood dogs), and it's been about twelve years.) The pain of loss never goes, but it can be padded with the lessons our friend brought to our lives.

~BB~

Return to “Animals and Pets”