Working with the Fae

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Klia

Working with the Fae

Post by Klia »

Where do I start!? I need all the help I can get.

I know they like yellow candles in the corners of rooms and small treats. But what else? How can I welcome them into my home and have them around? What is their purpose (no offense)? Anything I should be careful about?
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
syngerin

Re: Working with the Fae

Post by syngerin »

Mmm, you could use jasmine oil for the candles, they seem to be attracted to it. And make sure that your treats are homemade or not made with too many ingredients, the Fae love natural things more than us:)
I have contacted the Fae only once, and not even in the best moment - I was climbing a mountain, and thought to ask the Fae of that forest for help and protection. I believe that having plants with you, plants that you take care of, may attract them, but remember that you cannot force them to come into your home, especially because they are... well, they change their mind a lot:) So always be careful about what you say and how you say it, be polite and kind.
Perhaps somebody else in this forum may be able to add something, I am sure that there are some Fae experts around (I am curious too, would like to work with the Fae in the future)!
Klia

Post by Klia »

I think there are some Fae experts around here. I have always been skeptical about the Fae just because... well... I was judging the belief of it. But I have decided I want to learn on my own if I can feel them around me. Anything I can do to be a believer will be helpful.

Plants are a really good idea. I will have to research the best house plants and what they do.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

The Fae enjoy sweet treats. Depending on the type of Fae and your intent for calling upon them will decipher what to offer them. For example with a Brownie Fae, leave them an offering of milk, perhaps with a bit of sugar in it to sweeten it up, Silk milk is good :). Most Fae go unseen unless on the astral realm, or in a natural spot like a river, clearing, forest, stream etc. There have been times though when they have made themselves visible during rituals, spells, meditation etc. If you have any other questions about Faeries feel free to ask. I do recommend researching the various kinds though as there are different ones. Good luck and blessed be
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Lillady is right on all counts! The Fae seem to have quite the sweet tooth, and I often leave out little cakes on a stump in my yard for them, with milk or whiskey depending on the occasion. :fairy: They also like to have their own "spot" in your yard or home, a place that they can come to that was made specifically for them, like an altar or a small shrine. Here's a link to a spell in my BoS that describes some ideas for making and decorating one:

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 25423.html
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Klia

Post by Klia »

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it! I'm very excited to try this out. I have a lot of tea and sugar. No sweet cookies though. And I need more fairy things in my apartment. Do you guys have fairy altars or statues (pictures)? Does it help to have something dedicated to them specifically?

Heartsong, I love your spell in your BOS. Definitely copying and pasting into my BOS. The nest full moon is even on a wednesday, like your spell recommends.
villaness

Post by villaness »

How can u connect with them during winter months or when it's cold out? Can u create a place inside? Like a terrarium?
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Yes, you absolutely can. The small shrine I described in my online BoS can be used indoors or outdoors. I would just be careful of your wording when inviting them into your home. Faeries can be (and are) wonderful, magical beings, but they can also be highly mischievous. It really puts a damper on your day when they hide the keys to the front door. ;)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I've always let them know that they are welcome in my home. They do seem to enjoy hiding my sewing implements.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”