Just wanted to share this!

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Lunar Rose

Just wanted to share this!

Post by Lunar Rose »

Hi everyone!

Me again! I have had the most lovely experience tonight and I wanted to share it with you.

So, for those of you that have seen my previous posts, I have only recently started to study the craft and am still trying to understand my own beliefs. My partner is a firm atheist (I would liken him to Richard Dawkins!). I have been under the impression that this would cause us issues, as in the past when I have raised the topic of religious beliefs, it has always ended in an argument.

I have been gradually mentioning things in passing, leaving books lying around, showing him my crystal collection. I began doing this to gage his reaction, and every time he surprised me by being inquisitive, asking questions and accepting what I said, not trying to mock me or talk down my beliefs.

So tonight, I outright told him my beliefs, to which he didn't say anything. Then I asked if he minded that I had began studying witchcraft, to which he replied "do you mind that I like steam trains?" and he smiled to me. I told him that I didn't mind it at all, and I thought it was what made him him. "There's your answer" he said.

All that worrying, for nothing :) just wanted to share it with you all! Another stepping stone on my journey into Wicca!

Blessed Be!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Just wanted to share this!

Post by loona wynd »

Good for you. Its important that your significant other is supportive of you and your practices even if they don't believe themselves. It shows that they care about you and want to be with you. I wish you well.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Happy Out of the Broom Closet Day to you. Mark it on your calendar, March 12, 2014. smiley_dance

Lunar Rose

Post by Lunar Rose »

Thank you, both. It is a great feeling! :)
annie

Post by annie »

good for you, blessed be
PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

Very cool :) And good choice of a response on his part as well :D he has a sense of humor haha
~that is an interesting notion, in it's own way~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

sometimes the hardest things turn out to be the most rewarding :D
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson