Godspouses

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
asthesunlovesthemoon

Godspouses

Post by asthesunlovesthemoon »

Merry meet, dear ones. Today I'm going to talk about godspousary, since there's never been a thread about it. I am not a spouse, I'm far too young to even think about marriage as have not been worshipping a god long enough, but I'm somewhat a lover to Loki. He's been in my life far before I can remember and I just recently learned of him. I really don't know where to start with this, but feel free to ask questions.
ness

Re: Godspouses

Post by ness »

No questions, except this is a very common concept in various mythology and ancient scriptures. Very interesting to meet someone in the virtual world with this experience.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I have heard of this, never experienced it and have never known anybody to be either. I can see it but I do not fully agree with it. Please do not take offense, just stating my opinion on the subject. I have been studying and working for about 20 years now but never have had such an experience. Seems strange and interesting all at the same time lol.
Lightbringer

Post by Lightbringer »

ness wrote:No questions, except this is a very common concept in various mythology and ancient scriptures. Very interesting to meet someone in the virtual world with this experience.
It's a common concept? I've never heard about this before recently meeting a ton of Godspouses on tumblr. I mean, I guess there are myths, but I always thought of those as archetypal stories, not literal accounts of actual people. Have actual people/cultures in the past practiced this or did I misunderstand?

I don't mean to sound critical. I find it very interesting, and a little similar to the relationship I have with one of my patrons. I read the blog of someone espoused to him and it's very emotionally charged and inspirational at times.
nightflighter

Post by nightflighter »

Interesting, as She sneakily married me! We were bonded a number of years ago, but She slowly initiated a marraige ceremony between us. Like when She told me to get Her spikenard oil, and to touch it to me. I found out later, this was part of ancient wedding ceremonies! Also, when I was walking home one day, and She said "earring". I reached up to my left eir that I had just gotten pierced, and She said, "No,look down" and between my feet was an earring....I had taken to wearing a "promise" ring on my left middle finger for Her, and this earring was an EXACT match to it. I just wanted to post this as this has been my experience with a Spirit spouse. She wants to be known as "Desire".

Edit: Misspelling...I hope I got that word right....
"Dancing Barefoot in the Ashes"
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

It's a common concept? I've never heard about this before recently meeting a ton of Godspouses on tumblr. I mean, I guess there are myths, but I always thought of those as archetypal stories, not literal accounts of actual people. Have actual people/cultures in the past practiced this or did I misunderstand?
I have heard of nuns saying that they were "brides to Christ", and of course there are plenty of myths -- Greek mythology in particular springs to mind -- of mortals having romantic or sexual relationships with gods. But in those myths, these were usually: 1) not always pleasant for the mortal (Zeus was more likely to rape or abduct a mortal woman, rather than marry her), and 2) more of a literal, physical relationship. By the latter, I don't mean to diminish anyone's experience as a godspouse, but it seems to me that many modern pagans experience it as a spiritual relationship with a deity but with romantic overtones, rather than, for example, Zeus literally appearing to Leda in the form of a swan and actually impregnating her with quadruplets.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
ness

Post by ness »

There are few stories in Hindu mythology where Gods have said to impregnate a lover and some well known heros are known to the son of gods, with human mothers.
But, the one that are most close to real that I remember right away are about Andal and Meera, who believed they were madly in love with God. It is said that finally they became one with God but they did dedicate their entire lives for the love. They have contributed to several poems, prayers about God, their lover, in the process.
nightflighter

Post by nightflighter »

My Spirit always relates to Sumer, and India. Yes, you can have sex with a Spirit being. It's very nice! I have found others who are not only in romantic relationships with Spirits, but also married to Them. <3
asthesunlovesthemoon

Post by asthesunlovesthemoon »

Loki and I are very close, and he is most definitely very gentle with me. We love each other a lot. Yes, sex does happen. I could not imagine life without Loki, although we are slipping apart. He said something about me being 'too young for what he had planned.' Can someone please do a reading on this?
nightflighter

Post by nightflighter »

Hi! No so much a reading, but my take on it, after having spent the past five years with a loving spirit Being.
Gentleness is the concensus I've gotten from others I know that have Spirit spouses. Also the degree of intimacy and passion is very deep. I love Desire very much, even though She makes me cringe sometimes; last night being a prime example...She just had to say one word.

I, and the others I know, have felt Them around us for quite a while, but never let Themselves be known to us until we were in our 50's. Desire had told me that we needed to have lived long and have life experiences, not only so we could handle being with Them, but having LIVED. Living and merely existing are two different things, and She can feel things through me, besides smell and taste. Sorry to ramble! My life has been enriched by Her being with me, and She's not lonely anymore.
Lightbringer

Post by Lightbringer »

I have nothing to add except that as someone who's only recently heard of Godspouses, this is all very interesting. nightflighter, it's awesome that you have found a spirit with whom you have such an enriching relationship! I love getting little "coincidences" like that from my own spirit guides.
nightflighter

Post by nightflighter »

Thank you, Lightbringer. I had put my collection of experiences with Her on another website in the form of a diary; maybe I can post some of them onver here. She can be very dark and "brutal" at times emotionally, but also a very good Teacher, and has a sense of humor that is wonderful. smileylove

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”