The Spring Altar!

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Sakura Blossom

The Spring Altar!

Post by Sakura Blossom »

It's still a work in progress but I have started work on my spring time altar. I only have one altar at the moment, as I still live at home with my family. I don't have much space to have more than one. But, I do try to change it with the seasons. (: Here it is!

I LOVE the center candle holder. I saw it at this new age store I was at when travelling to another city, and there were quite a few of them. They are beautiful! And the inside is a very cute flower tea light candle. (:

I can't wait until the flowers start blooming so I can add some real life to it, but alas, it's not starting just yet. Darn you second winter. D:<
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Holdasown

Re: The Spring Altar!

Post by Holdasown »

Pretty
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Very nice. I love the addition of the flowers.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you! I love incorporating flowers into it. (: I'm going to go out looking today, I think!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I love the spring fairies on the altar. Its awesome. The color scheme also represents the concepts and themes associated with spring time such a youth and innocence. Nice work.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you so much! It's the third altar I've made, but the second serious one. I did make one and have one set up for a looooooong time on my book shelf but I never used it and it just sat there, collecting dust as it was there when I went through my dark times of not wanting to work with anything.

They are the only statues I have at the moment, so they've been on each season's altar. When I'm able, I'm going to try and get statues to fit with all the seasons. I think my absolute favorite one on there is the purple and white one holding the sparkly ball. It makes me think of water, so I keep her over the dish of water I use for anointing before speaking and doing magick work. I always think she looks like she's carrying a giant ball of dew. (:

I learned before, that the fairies need to be facing each other. When I made it the first time, I kid you not, I turned my back for a few minutes only to turn back and look, to see they were facing one another instead of facing me. So, I took that as a hint that they should probably keep that position lest I anger whoever changed them. Haha.

I did update it today, though, with that tulip plant. I am hoping it'll get enough sunlight to thrive, but if it doesn't, I'll find it a better home within the house. (:

Here it is, though!

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Sakura Blossom wrote:Thank you so much! It's the third altar I've made, but the second serious one. I did make one and have one set up for a looooooong time on my book shelf but I never used it and it just sat there, collecting dust as it was there when I went through my dark times of not wanting to work with anything.
I've had a few of those. Now you just need to maintain it. Maintaining it means making sure there isn't dust, that there is fresh water, and that offerings and gifts to those Gods or spirits are placed there regularly.
Sakura Blossom wrote:They are the only statues I have at the moment, so they've been on each season's altar. When I'm able, I'm going to try and get statues to fit with all the seasons. I think my absolute favorite one on there is the purple and white one holding the sparkly ball. It makes me think of water, so I keep her over the dish of water I use for anointing before speaking and doing magick work. I always think she looks like she's carrying a giant ball of dew. (:
They seem perfect for this spring seasonal altar. I think when the time is right the proper statues will come to you. In the mean time I'm sure you can come up with ways to make those statues work with seasonal themes. maybe add cloth bits in the winter for extra warmth? In the summer maybe add water or something. You can figure something out. They look nice and really complement the altar.
Sakura Blossom wrote:I learned before, that the fairies need to be facing each other. When I made it the first time, I kid you not, I turned my back for a few minutes only to turn back and look, to see they were facing one another instead of facing me. So, I took that as a hint that they should probably keep that position lest I anger whoever changed them. Haha.
I dont work with feys or fairies. I have worked with a dryad before which is a related spirit but different type of force all together. So I don't quite know how to advise you on them. I can say that if they moved to be a certain way on their own then that is how they should be. Its the spirits saying "Ok. You have the right idea. Let me help you finish it. Keep it this way". So if they made the fairy statues look at each other that way its probably for a reason.
Sakura Blossom wrote:I did update it today, though, with that tulip plant. I am hoping it'll get enough sunlight to thrive, but if it doesn't, I'll find it a better home within the house. (:

Here it is, though!

Maybe its meant to be there. I've had plants on my altars before. You can see an example in my photos in my altar thread. Things happen and get placed in different places for a reason even if we don't always understand those reasons.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Oh, yes. I do that already. (: I dust it and I try to keep it well kept for them. I place offerings daily one that I do often are the feathers I find from my bird. He leaves them everywhere, and I'm also leaving other things as well.

Thank you so much. (: I really do like it. I'm trying to figure out what to do on the sides. I like the ones that are well balanced, so I'll have to play around with it a bit more and see what feels right.

AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I just noticed the lotus blossom candle holder. I need something like that for my Lakshmi altar.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

It looks wonderful!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you so much!

Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

You've got such a beautiful altar. :)
13blackcats

Post by 13blackcats »

It's gorgeous. I love the Spring feel!
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. (:

Return to “Altar Pictures”