scents

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Kat
Banned Member

Re: scents

Post by Kat »

u mean specifically in the US? coz over there u ve a lot more supplies than us.
*Blessed Be*
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

A particular scent is generally understood to have an effect on your mental state, and therefore your energy. Whichever medium (incense, soap, etc...) brings about that emotional/mental shift is working for you.

Incense is a tool, a prop, and it's something you can get by without when performing a spell or a ritual. But for many people, myself included, it really helps keep your focus on what you're doing. So use whatever works for you.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

rezam wrote:Are scents in gum, incense, sprays, soaps, and other things magically the same? Such as spearmint gum and spearmint?
If it comes from natural sources and not been chemically reproduced I would say yes.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Holdasown wrote:
rezam wrote:Are scents in gum, incense, sprays, soaps, and other things magically the same? Such as spearmint gum and spearmint?
If it comes from natural sources and not been chemically reproduced I would say yes.
I was going to say the same. I think that makes a huge difference. A lot of the way that herbs work, even in aromatherapy has to do with the energy of the plant. I think you would lose the effect with something that was made chemically.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”