Blue Apatite

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
ness

Blue Apatite

Post by ness »

I will go ahead and confess that I have zero knowledge about crystals. I have not been into crystals, dont carry or wear any and never have.

What a day!!!
Blue is not my favorite color. I have been very attracted to dark blue color, lately... a particular blue color. But as of today, I feel like I NEED to wear some sort of stone/crystal that's dark blue. And whatever is telling me that I need to wear one is being really specific.
This is what I am getting - I need to wear dark blue pendant, rough and rugged looking stone (no shine, no fancy stuff), it has to be shaped long. I also need to wear it in a long chain, down my chest.

I started to google trying to find that exact blue color crystal. It took me a long time, but I think I finally found the ONE I need to wear... dark blue Apatite. Obviously I have never heard of this until today. And I am speechless about what I am reading about this Blue apatite, considering all else thats been going on with me recently. Then I started looking at texture and shape.

I think I found one the perfect one that came to my vision. Its the same shade of blue, the same shape and texture.
This - http://www.ksccrystals.com/blue-apatite ... 2380-p.asp

Anyone use this stone before?
Also, how do I find a good quality one without being ripped off. I did find it on this site, for cheaper price - http://www.healingcrystals.com/Crystal_ ... ndant.html
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Blue Apatite

Post by Seraphin »

Oooh blue apatite -- such lovely energy! How to work with it really depends on what you're intending to do; if I'm in a low mood I'll carry a piece of it in my pocket; it is a motivational stone, promoting ambitiousness and helps to lift my mood. When I'm feeling uncomfy or heavy I carry a few pieces of them as it has cleansing influence on the aura. My fiancee use it in past-life or alternate-life work, because of its ability to access Akashic records.

I use a Brita water filter pitcher for my drinking water, and I always have a few crystals in there, charging my water with whatever crystals best support my current endeavors-- one of them is Blue apatite as it supports "magickal and spiritual mindfulness and higher consciousness". I also keep it with other stones in my water bottle (it's reusable and has a wide mouth for easy cleaning).

I don't have any training on the traditional use of stones and crystals; I just go by how they feel energetically. I keep a rather large variety of tumbled and natural stones, and they tell me which ones of them to use on any given day for any given reason.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
ness

Post by ness »

Nice! I am just starting to learn about crystals.
I bought a pendant and I asked the store folks how to cleanse blue apatite and the lady said not to use water. Anyhow, it's nice to know that you have crystals in drinking water. Makes sense and I might try that :)
I have been cleansing and charging my stone. I can't wait to wear it!
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Well, I cleanse my blue apatite under running water in the sink. And I don't see anything wrong with that in my experience.

And yes! I keep about five well-chosen stones/crystals in the bottom of my water filter pitcher at all times. I noticed that after I started doing this the pitcher doesn't get slimy on the bottom like it used to (although I still clean it frequently).

Same with my the reusable water bottles; I always have three to five stones in the bottom. Makes for interesting conversation, believe me! Uhh... did you know there's stuff in the bottom of your water bottle? hee
Seraphin

ness

Post by ness »

I bet! :)
so, what kind of crystals do you have in your bottle?
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Quartz is an awesome and very useful stone because you can charge it with intent. :D

I tend toward anemia, so I often have bloodstone in my filter pitcher and bottle (bloodstone's also good for helping deal with hormone imbalances, heart-related issues, and circulation, among other things).

This time of year I also include a few small lithium crystal and as I said, blue apatite as they point for mood support and motivational purposes. Lithium crystals, however, should be used with care. Not everyone would respond favorably. Although lithiums are not toxic, per se, they can alter the brain's neurotransmitters so one must use these very mindfully. I would not recommend it unless one has thoroughly researched how lithium interacts with the body and mental functions, and never if one is using psychotropic prescription medications.

When I'm having situational difficulties (family issues, financial struggles, etc) I'll add a amethyst point for mood support.

There's so much rose quartz around my home (big pieces I've picked up here and there from shops, at second-hand stores, gifts people have given me, etc), I don't really need to add it to my water but it's a good one too, if you also want to place it.

Really, it's just a matter of what feels right -- and also checking to make sure it's safe to put the stones in question in your water; some, like malachite, should not be used that way because of the possibility of toxins leeching into the water.

Be very careful in selecting which stones to use this way though. Some can be very counterproductive!
Seraphin

ness

Post by ness »

Nice. I am wearing rose quartz as I type. I made a necklace with labrodite and quartz a while ago and never worn it. So, here it is today... on me :D
I feel very recharged after wearing blue apatite for couple of days. I usually have some trouble focusing at work, with multi-tasking and I actually was able to concentrate at work yesterday.
************************************************************************************************************
I dont want to take up another thread space. I will just ask the question here -

My sister is having a very frustrating time with my nephew who is very naughty and sort of hyper active. He is not even in his terrible 2s yet. Both my sister and BIL are feeling exhauted and drained. Is there any crystal you guys recommend for her and my BIL? Also anything for my nephew, to sort of help him learn to relax? He seems to be very short tempered too.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

For your sissy, I recommend calcite, garnet, herkimer diamond, onyx, quartz, tiger's eye, topaz or tourmaline while for your nephew, I recommend azurite, goldstone, obsidian, or sapphire.

If you have some of these stones, you can make your own gem elixirs. Just make they are charged and cleansed before using them.

I do feel an increased energy (either strength, calm energy, sexual energy or other types) of the water as I drink elixirs -- definitely different from when I buy bottled water at the store and don't "charge" it in that way -- and the energy of the water supports the other things I do to help not only with my own personal energy work but also with any work I do in behalf of others.
Seraphin

ness

Post by ness »

Thank you, Seraphin. I will check it out. I might try clear quartz in my water sometime in the near future :)
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Try it! And let us know how it works for you!

Oh and I just wanna add here, tiger's stone is one of the gems that shouldn't be left in water for long periods. I've put them in my water filter pitcher overnight a few times, but it's not a good idea to do that too often.
Seraphin

BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

humm i like the idea of stones in your water seraphin thanks for the idea and the idea on what to use

also thanks ness for posting about this stone i didn't know about it but now that i do im sure going to get me some seems like just the right stone for me
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

You are welcome BabyBear!
Seraphin

ness

Post by ness »

Babybear - yes, its a beautiful stone! I am in love with it and I catch myself wearing it everyday.
MistressOfTheMoon

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

BabyBear wrote:humm i like the idea of stones in your water seraphin thanks for the idea and the idea on what to use
Just be careful which stones you put in water okay? Make sure your crystals aren't toxic.

Here is a list of toxic crystals you can check out:
http://hibiscusmooncrystalacademy.com/r ... ls-stones/

If you wish to charge water with these toxic varieties, just place them right outside the jar of water :)
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

lol thanks for the advice MOM
but as a avid rock and gemstone collector thanks to my grandma ik not to mix a lot of them with water *hugs*
thanks for the link thought
bb
baby bear

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”