My Altar (in progress) To Thoth

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Moonfire

My Altar (in progress) To Thoth

Post by Moonfire »

This it what little I have for my altar so far. The journal on the side wasn't actually originally purchased for the altar. Actually I bought it months ago because I loved the way it looked. I have decided now that everyday to honor Thoth, I am going to write something in it. Whether it is something original, a poem that I like or a song that I want to share. Since he is the God of Writing, I thought it was fitting. So even if I don't formally pray to him everyday, this is something that I will be dedicating to him.

The Mask was something that my parents got for me on their trip to Italy. It's just a manufactured mask but I loved it. But a Medium told me that she felt that Thoth liked to cling to it. Mentioned that she was getting the impression he liked to go into things without eyes, likely from his history with Horus and restoring the eye that he lost with his battle with Set. So I moved it above my altar the day I started setting it up. It works in the long run because blue and gold would have been a theme that was around in Egypt with their golden jewelry and precious stones like Lapis Lazuli.

Excuse the poor quality of the picture as this was taken with my phone and the lighting in my room is dim right now.
Attachments
Mask.jpg
Altar.jpg
BlueMoonRose

Re: My Altar (in progress) To Thoth

Post by BlueMoonRose »

This is beautiful! I love the mask!
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Thank you! :3 I'm glad you like it!
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Great!! I love the mask as well. I tend to like more simple altars like yours.
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Naz.J wrote:I love the Venetian Carnival mask...nice altar! You did good :D Ah the famous offering bowl of the chocolate cake...I think I see cookies in there now :)
It's still in the works but I'm happy with it so far! :D And yup, that's the chocolate cake and the cookies :3
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

AnaisStar wrote:Great!! I love the mask as well. I tend to like more simple altars like yours.
I want to change up the altar and get a cloth and a crescent moon decoration of some sort. But this is very functional for now. I don't want it to be too adorned for I don't think that is something that would honor Thoth very well. I'm glad you like it. :]
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Naz.J wrote:Moonfire, the best thing is to start simply and as you go along you embellish where necessary...from the little I've seen so far that seems to be the best way to go...besides your altar speaks volumes about your devotion to Thoth, I feel just by looking at it you're very much connected to Him. Send my regards to Him for me please...Who knows...I feel very strongly one day I may work with Him :)
I am very devoted to him. :) It was funny. My whole life I had known his name and only knew him to be the Egyptian God of Wisdom and had the head of an ibis but knew nothing more. When I started pulling up different deities to worship, I saw his name and I immediately felt a draw. It was so powerful. I thought it was odd since I knew next to nothing about him to feel such a strong pull towards him. Now I understand why. It difficult to describe how deeply involved it is. On the past full moon I spoiled him with Oreos, green tea, four poems, white sage incense and some milk with honey. Then I went out onto the front porch and just laid in the porch swing, basking in the full moon. It is already a special time for magic users but it felt even more special to me since it was a full moon. It was such a wonderful and transcendent experience that I almost cried.

And I gave him your regards. I got the sense of approval from him and I feel strongly that he wants you to work with him.
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Naz.J wrote:Thank you for remembering me hehe...

I can only imagine how you felt in the moonlight. You see, these are the things in life that matter most, IMO...the little things that we can't quite explain. I'm sure if someone wanted to give you a huge wad of cash vs. a recreation of that experience you'd choose the latter.

It seems that many of us have a connection with our Gods since childhood and maybe this is because we remember it, from before, *before*...if you catch my drift.

I admire your dedication to Him, I have something to learn from that. I have yet to create a physical shrine for my deities, due to issues of privacy, so I will be following your lead when I set mine up; the simpler the better.
Lol well I never actually had a connection to any god or whatever when I was younger. I never felt connected to anything higher than myself until recently. So it's pretty cool that I just suddenly felt this draw. :3 Haha, I have an issue of privacy too. I'm always worried my roommates are going to ask about my altar every time they walk into my room. >.<
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Naz.J wrote:Well said you felt a "draw" to Him whilst doing research...I think it's quite apt.

Btw what do you think your roommates think when they see the bowl of chocolate cake and oreos? Have any of them tried to touch the stuff on your altar?
I dunno if they noticed, actually. They don't come in my room often. But I'm a messy person in general so they probably will just think it's me being messy or lazy. And since they don't really come into my room, I haven't had a problem with them trying to touch anything on my altar. If they do I'll handle it.

Return to “Altar Pictures”