All About Ouija Boards

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

All About Ouija Boards

Post by Starwitch »

In response to Moonlit's request, here is a new topic about Ouija Boards. I'll make it sticky so it will stay at the top. If you have quesitons about ouija boards, please read this entire thread before posting your question, because your question has already been answered most likely. If you have information or stories about the ouija board, please post them here for newcomers to read.

Rain

Post by Rain »

The Museum of Talking Boards

Has an excellent FAQ about ouija boards and discusses the history of the boards as well as superstitions surrounding them.

It has a very no nonsense approach.
Shomrak

Post by Shomrak »

what was the origanal ouija boards made out of? and why that spacific material?

i saw in a window the other day a ouija board made completely of plastic!
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I would imagine the first was made out of either stone or wood. My husband is making me one out of this awesome piece of Iron Ore after he finishes my Runes.
Tinevisce

Post by Tinevisce »

When I use a Ouiji Board, spirits croos over to our plane, right?(pls correct me if I'm mistaken).What's stopping the spirits from staying on in our plane?Do I have to do a banishing rite after I'm done with using the Board?
Abhishek
"The witch who can't hex, can't heal"
"Follow The Threefold Laws ye should,
Three times bad and three times good"
sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

i think if youre not experienced that very well COULD happen.
that's why i no longer mess w/ them.
last time i did it was while i was pg & i remember being thankful that the spirit picked on this guy instead of me.
but i didn't even want it in the house while i was pg or when my kids were little.
it was just a feeling
Aubrey Rose5

i stay away

Post by Aubrey Rose5 »

i stay away from oijie boars there dangerous and you could let out a dark powerful evil spirit so when it comes to them i stay far away i actully left a party when my friends used one thats the last thing i need an angry spirit DJsmile
love is not made by magick it comes only from the heart
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Well here is my opinion. (key word opinion)
I think that ouija boards are EVIL!!!!!!!!! lol well ok I just really dont like them because they open a door for just about anything to come through. I mean you wouldnt leave the door to your house open all night would you? no. why? because anyone could come in whether they were invited or not. same with ouija boards, whether you invite it or not, any spirit can come on through, unless you are expirienced. A lot of magical catastrophies (sp) happen with them. I have heard so many stories about horrible things happening with them, and I have never heard on one good one.
**Nothing is set in stone**
Tinevisce

Post by Tinevisce »

I agree with moonlit.I won't go with Ouija Boards even if I heard a 1000 good stories 'bout them
:(
Abhishek
kriki

Post by kriki »

what else acept spirits can comunicate with us over these boards
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

I would love one, to talk to loved ones (you all know who I mean) and stuff, but it's so dangerous! I discovered a Samhain spell, but it was in one of those terrible 'The Complete Guide to Being a Witch for Fluffies' books, so I don't know, even if I change the wording (bad rhyming), etc, etc, if it will work. I would love it to, even if I'm not experienced enough for it to anyway.

The reason I liked it a bit is because it was inside a circle and had loads of protectiveness and only inviting or remebering certain people.

What do you think?
lek

Post by lek »

I've heard much stuff about these boards to try them myself. Things like people making fun of them, taunting something to show itself to them, and then that person waking up later that night in an ice cold room with a black form grabbing them.

I do believe demons exist, and something like that, while it may let you communicate with loved ones, also opens the door to demons, and demons lie, all they know are lies, they'll tell you what you want to hear just to draw you in....

Call me a coward, but I prefer to be on the side of caution :wink: :lol:
Leo*Moon

Post by Leo*Moon »

My friends and I have wisely stopped using Ouija boards. The first time I used one with my friends I got chest pains and they told me that using a ouija board is allowing spirits a pathwat to contact you and they can cause you pain. I also learned that when you ask a spirit to show you a sign you are opening up a doorway that you may not be able to close. Sadly, unhappy spirits are most commonly contacted through the ouija board, this can be because of the user's state of mind or their location. If you insist on using a board I would suggest using it in a circle but even then it's still risky, from my experiences. I don't think using a board is any different from using other forms of divination except it calls on other spirits to answer your questions instead of your subconcious. It's not a toy.
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. ~Shakespeare
Tinevisce

Post by Tinevisce »

But can spirits cross over and try to talk to us of their own free will?Or do they have to be "summoned"?Also, does the nature of a person change when he/she dies?Like, supposing a dear granparent of mine dies, will she be the lovable person he/she was in life, or become something ,er, dark and unnatural on death?
Abhishek
[Dragonmaiden]

Post by [Dragonmaiden] »

I agree 100% with Moonlit and Tinesvice. I won't have one in my home and I won't participate. I talk to enough dead people as it is without inviting just any old spirit in.

BB

June

Return to “F.A.Q.”