Wanting to research the fairy/fae/faery?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
julietaw

Wanting to research the fairy/fae/faery?

Post by julietaw »

I've always belived in faries since I was a little girl I thought that Tinkerbell was the coolest thing ever (espically she wansn't extremly good. I saw her as in the middle). When I first found wicca I heard about working with the fae, and I've wanted to since then. I found a book today on the subject and I'm trying to get the money to buy it. Until then is there any links to anything you can give me to help me find information on faries? Is it possible to work with faries and worship the God and Goddess?
P.S I know that not every fairy is like Tinkerbell, I was just giving the reason that I thought they were cool growing up.
Heartsong

Re: Wanting to research the fairy/fae/faery?

Post by Heartsong »

Hi julietaw,

Here's a link to a pretty good overview of working with the fae, and it even comes with a recommended reading list! (http://thetwistedrope.wordpress.com/201 ... h-the-fae/)

And here's a second link to an awesome article also about working with the fae: http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a ... s&id=14290

And to answer your question, yes, it's entirely possibly to work with them and still worship the God and Goddess. When I was on the Wiccan path, I did, and there were no complaints from any department. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

"The Fairy Bible: The Definitive Guide to the World of Fairies" by Teresa Moorey is a pretty good fairy book. You can find used copies of it for around $8.25 on sites like Amazon & Ebay. It's a beautiful book and it features instructions for how to construct a fairy altar. :)
You might want to look up "Fairy Tradition," along with its alternate spellings of feri, faery, faerie, and fey. You can also substitute the word tradition with faith, religion and magic.
There is quite a bit of fairy lore on Tumblr. Most of the fairy information that pops up on my Tumblr dashboard comes from GardenoftheQueen.
For some inspiration from our other members, there's this thread: How Do I Connect with the Fae?
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I work with the Fey, but also work with some of the deities from the Norse Pantheon. Haha. Whatever speaks to you, it can be done as I'm sure it's speaking to you for a reason. (: There is nothing wrong with working with them and the God and Goddess together.

I have information based on what I know of my own experiences, and as soon as I get back to my house tomorrow, I'll look and see which books I have for the Fey to let you know! haha.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”