Pendulum

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
River SilverWolf

Pendulum

Post by River SilverWolf »

I have a question regarding using the pendulum.
At the DFW Pagan Pride Day festival I picked up my first pendulum. I have used Tarot cards before and wanted to try out pendulum use.
I have heard you can use a pendulum to help you locate lost items. Has anyone had success with this?
Any tips or advice?
I have a ring that I got for my 10 year wedding anniversary in Ireland. It has been missing for awhile. I have searched everywhere I can think of on my own. I was wondering if the pendulum technique might be something to try?
Again I appreciate any tips or advice!
Blessed Be.
Heartsong

Re: Pendulum

Post by Heartsong »

Kassandra posted an excellent idea for finding keys, using another one as a pendulum. Perhaps this will answer your question, or at least give you some inspiration. :)

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 25004.html

~Heartsong~
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I have a moonstone I use.. It's so spooky accurate, my hubby doesn't wast to be in the room while I use it!
I think they are one of the most easiest forms of devination...
I'm wearing mine now, I got it as per trade (moonstone is my birthstone, , yes child of the moon, Cancer here) for cleansing a home of my hubbies friends house.
That and some wine.

Best trade I ever made. And I wasn't even expecting a thing!
Klia

Post by Klia »

I have found many lost items with my pendulum. It's kind of crazy. Like motherofdragons said, it's really freaky when it's accurate. You may have totally forgotten where you put something, but your subconscious remembers! I found out where my class ring was and I always lose it!! Also, when I can't find my phone, my pendulum always remembers where it is. I love it!

Just make sure you're calm and focused, sitting down, legs uncrossed, and with one elbow on the table to keep your body still. Ask it yes/no questions and let it do it's magic.
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I got mine, however sure not to use it, until Samhain..it's a necklace.. As SOON as the sunset happened ..I had it in my hand asking for specific friends and family. I was in the car. =no wind (windows up) I asked for it to move back and forth for the "yes and circles for "no".. ..as soon as it relayed the answered, it stopped moving.

I made sure my hand, fingers were perfectly still...
It answered things no one know but the "spirit" and I knew. And answered some incredible questions I never even thought I needed to know.

And Kila, thanks for the tip, I will for the idea of finding lost things. .. I never thought of that.
)0(
Klia

Post by Klia »

Motherofdragons, so you had a preference with your pendulum movements? As in you told it which way to swing? I was taught to just ask "show me the sign for yes" and it swings a certain way, then to do it for no and not sure. I'm gonna try it your way on another pendulum and see if it works!

EDIT:: I just did some experimenting with my pendulum and I noticed with the shorter the chain/string, the more the pendulum moved. My 'yes' is side to side, and when I held my pendulum with my fingers closer to the end (2 inches above pendant), instead of all the way up on the chain (7 inches about pendant), there was an even bigger swaying motion - like it was excited ha. Also, asking my pendulum to move a certain way did not work for me. Too bad, I wanted to be telekinetic! blue_dozey

Also the best advice for learning about pendulums is to practice for at least 5 minutes a day. When I first started it took me a while for it to work. It was real slow and not so accurate. But practice makes perfect and now I'm a pro. smiley_dance
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
starlady

Post by starlady »

i know this is a old post but thought i would reply still,i have alot of pendalums but clear quartz works best for me.a friend asked me to ask my pendalum where her favourits charm-bracelet was?has she either lost it?or mis-placed it?she had searched all over her house,so i asked it is it lost ?it said no,i asked it if it was in her house ?it said yes,i asked bout all her rooms ,it kept saying it was in her bedroom,so i asked things like is it behind her bedside table etc?it said yes to her chest f drawers?but she had moved it etc,but her son looked all round the room and guess where it was?she has a jewellery-box with three dra :) wers in it,and it got stuck over the back of a drawer inside,so it was right
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

MOTHERofDRAGONS wrote:I have a moonstone I use.. It's so spooky accurate, my hubby doesn't wast to be in the room while I use it!
I think they are one of the most easiest forms of devination...
I'm wearing mine now, I got it as per trade (moonstone is my birthstone, , yes child of the moon, Cancer here) for cleansing a home of my hubbies friends house.
That and some wine.

Best trade I ever made. And I wasn't even expecting a thing!
I got my first one a few days ago, and it is a Moonstone. I absolutely love it! I tried a few different ones, but the Moonstone "chose" me. When I picked it up it started vibrating like crazy. It flipped me out because I had never used one before. like you, I "programmed" mine too the way my HPS taught me. It has been scary accurate lol.
My HPS told me that on occasion, it is good to put them in the freezer for about a week to kind of reset it's energy. She said if I get a lot of "don't want to answer" motions from it, it could just need a reset. Especially if it's been used too much. I'm trying not to wear mine out in the first week lol, but it is so tempting!

Return to “General Divination”