Spirit Scents

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Spirit Scents

Post by SnowCat »

Yes, scents, not sense. Over the weekend I kept smelling two very distinct scents around me. The first was jasmine. The second was cinnamon oil. That one took me back to 1974 and cruising the Scotchman, which was a local burger drive-in/teen hangout. They served a drink called a Hot Kookie. It was cola with a portion of cinnamon oil. I miss those days. Digressing. Anyhoo, I've often had the experience of a spirit announcing itself by scent. These two have me stumped. I know there's a name for the phenomena, but it's currently escaping me. Any ideas?

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shub Niggurath

Re: Spirit Scents

Post by Shub Niggurath »

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It's probably related to synesthesia. Thanks for coming up with the term.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

There's also Clairalience. I got that from the link in the Phantom Smells thread. :mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think clairolfactance is the term I was trying to remember. That's much shorter than "Who are you, and why am I smelling you?" Thanks for the help!

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firewolfy

Post by Firewolfy »

my wife has her step mothers ashes in our living room, she was alsways an avid smoker and a real lively person, every now and then I get the passing scent of cigarette smoke I always thought it was her checking up on us.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I get a smell that is always present in a cemetery. So if I dectect it somewhere other than the cemetary, I know I have just encountered some sort of spirit or ghost. I used to encounter it all the time on our trail to the ritual hill, it was accompanied by a heaviness in the air, usually and so thick I named it "ectoplasmic corner". It has disapated somwhat over the years, but we have an agreement now with the guardian of the place to bring apples. Since then it has calmed quite a bit.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I have never had clairvoyance, but I have always been able to smell things to let me know I have "company". I always smell Gardenias, Sandalwood, or my mamaw's house when she is around. It's kinda funny because each distinct smell comes when I am facing different challenges in my life. If I am depressed, it's Gardenias; stressed is Sandalwood; if I just need an overall sense of comfort, I smell her house. When I smell these thibgs I always acknowledge her presence & talk to her.
nightflighter

Post by nightflighter »

I had my "crazy girlfriend" announce Her presence the first time She came to me, but never again since, with the scent of ashes and charred meat. Yikes.

Turned my whole world upside-down.....But I love Her. loveface
"Dancing Barefoot in the Ashes"

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”