Incorporating crystals into a wedding

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
RosiePidge88

Incorporating crystals into a wedding

Post by RosiePidge88 »

Hello to all. I have been thinking about how I can incorporate crystals and crystal healing into my wedding. I'm doing it on a budget and am thinking about having a new age theme x any ideas would be welcomed xxx
Kassandra

Re: Incorporating crystals into a wedding

Post by Kassandra »

What a lovely idea. Hmm, just off the top of my head, some stones to include might be:

--You and your finacee's birthstones to "personalize" the occasion all the more
--Rose quartz. It is the ubiquitous "stone of love," and it really does have a loving and healing vibe to it
--Clear quartz crystal. It is a "balancer" stone (said to balance and unify disparate energies, such as the chakra system). They look good anywhere, and since weddings can be nerve-racking, the energetic balance and grounding they'd bring would be welcomed, no doubt.

How you could use them is endless:

--Make them a part of the table decorations (ex: tree branch with dangling crystals)
--Wear them as jewelry (pendants/earrings, lapel ornament, hair ornaments, etc.)
--Have them dangling from bouquets, or incorporated into the flowers, to give the bouquets "sparkle"
--Sew them into your gown (bead shops will have stones of several different sizes with pre-drilled holes in them)
--Include them in the wedding party's gift bags (maybe ensure each stone is the individual's own birthstone)
--Decorate the wedding altar with them, then later use those same stones to create a marriage altar in your bedroom. "Feed" the altar from time to time by clearing the crystals, adding fresh flowers to the altar, sentimental cards and letters in a box of momentos, etc.
--Line the marriage "runway" (or whatever that walkway the bride walks down is called, lol) with them on either side (clear quartz would look awesome for this)

Good luck! :)

handfasting candles.jpg
Ugh, don't get me started on wedding stuff, lol. I stumbled upon
these beautiful handfasting candles, complete with rose quartz and
"traditional Celtic/Druidic herbs" to support love and marriage.

Source: etsy.com/listing/77431652/goddess-handfasting-unity-soy-pillar?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I love the ideas that Kassandra posted. Sounds like a great way to personalize your wedding and add some magick to it.
RosiePidge88

Post by RosiePidge88 »

Thankyou for replying ladies. I like all of this ideas. I'm not religious I am very spiritual though, I'm thinking of making a little bag of power stones for each guest or a centrepiece x x x
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I love the candle idea. My self and my bride's maid carried candles for my husbands brother and father who passed before we could marry. You could make candle holders with gems and let you maids keep them as their gift. You could do a crystal crown instead of a veil too. Something all Lord of the Rings.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Holdasown wrote:You could do a crystal crown instead of a veil too. Something all Lord of the Rings.
Oooo, a crystal crown.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Being a florist, my first thought was to incorporate them somehow into your bouquet and his boutenieer.
Then a nice power grid to stand within during the vows could be a great way to "charge" you up and add some extra energy to this special moment.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

firebirdflys wrote:Then a nice power grid to stand within during the vows could be a great way to "charge" you up and add some extra energy to this special moment.
Awesome idea!

Zili

Post by Zili »

Can I just say those candles posted are absolutely gorgeous!

On to incorporating crystals
1) Don't wear pearls (I know they aren't crystals) there's a superstition that the amount of pearls a bride wears is how many times her husband will make her cry.
2) soft pastel colors are very "in" for weddings and one of the more budget friendly stones are aventurine a pale green crystal (same make up as quartz and amethyst the color change comes from different minerals) and it's a healing stone that also promotes happiness.
3) speaking of amethyst a popular wedding color is purple! Amethyst crystals are also fairly reasonable price wise.
4) jasper which has many forms and also comes died in a lot of colors is also easy on the pocket books for the most part and its properties include healing and relieving stress (stress free bride sounds good doesn't it?)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

How 'bout having the wedding INSIDE a cave made of crystal? ( http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 24613.html )

shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Kassandra wrote:.
--Make them a part of the table decorations (ex: tree branch with dangling crystals)
--Wear them as jewelry (pendants/earrings, lapel ornament, hair ornaments, etc.)
--Have them dangling from bouquets, or incorporated into the flowers, to give the bouquets "sparkle"
--Sew them into your gown (bead shops will have stones of several different sizes with pre-drilled holes in them)
--Include them in the wedding party's gift bags (maybe ensure each stone is the individual's own birthstone)
--Decorate the wedding altar with them, then later use those same stones to create a marriage altar in your bedroom. "Feed" the altar from time to time by clearing the crystals, adding fresh flowers to the altar, sentimental cards and letters in a box of momentos, etc.
--Line the marriage "runway" (or whatever that walkway the bride walks down is called, lol) with them on either side (clear quartz would look awesome for this)
Crystals into a wedding! Sounds beautiful already. Love all the ideas Kassandra gave, why do I feel like I'm getting all hyped up all of a sudden? Haha! Have fun with the decorations! :D

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”