How do I celebrate Yule?

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Elemental

How do I celebrate Yule?

Post by Elemental »

This Yule will be my first Wicca holiday and I am not sure hie to celebrate? None of my family knows that I'm studying witchcraft so it would have to just be in my bedroom ( I am 13) Any Ideas or explanation would be wonderful! Thanks
Myrth

Re: How do I celebrate Yule?

Post by Myrth »

Most of the trappings of Christmas are pagan. Christianity just borrowed ancient traditions. So the Christmas tree and lights fit in well. Get some mistletoe, stars, lights, etc.
Myrth
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Welcome new beginnings and ask for peace an clarity in all that you do.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

There is a lot of information out there with ideas on how to celebrate Yule. We have a feast similar to that of a traditional Thanksgiving feast and that evening I will do my ritual releasing all negative from the year and welcoming the new year coming in asking for peace, love and light in my life. I hope this helps ;) Blessed Yule to you!
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

I celebrate Yule much in the same way one would celebrate Christmas. My altar set-up includes red and green candles, a miniature Yule tree and a figure of St. Nick. This year I added a string of Christmas light along the back of my altar :) I know a lot of people consider Samhain the witch's New Year, but for me, it's Yule. So this is where I do a lot of goal-setting for the upcoming year. There is a lot of information online or in books...just read up and figure out what speaks to you.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Kyrie, I am glad to hear that someone else sees Yule as the new year. To me, when the sun begins return, it is the beginning of a new cycle. After Yule, I begin to plan my garden crops for the coming spring, summer, and autumn. It just feels like the end of cycle/beginning of cycle to me. This may be in large part because around here harvest is never done by Samhain. Samhain simply does not fit, for me, with the turning point of the year.
Myrth

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”