Xiao Rong's Wire Wrap Crafts and Bottle Charms

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Xiao Rong's Wire Wrap Crafts and Bottle Charms

Post by Xiao Rong »

I appear to be on a wire-wrapping spree lately ... I told my boyfriend if he stood still too long, I might wire-wrap him too!

This one is designed to draw from the power of the ocean to enhance psychic awareness ... and I filled it with sea salt for some psychic protection at the same time! I might have to keep this one with my tarot bag ; )

This one I'm going to give to my mom, as a charm for mental clarity. The bottle is filled with lemon extract powder, since lemons help with clarity and seeing true. I think it'll be helpful for her job!

I also tried branching out of bottle charms and making an ear cuff. Found a bunch of ideas on Pinterest, so I tried a simple one. I'm giving this one to my sister, since my parents won't let her get her ears pierced. Hopefully this will tide her over in the ear ornament department until she turns 18!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I love all of these!!! They are so beautiful!!! I know I said before, but I just had to say again. Haha!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

Sakura Blossom wrote:I love all of these!!! They are so beautiful!!! I know I said before, but I just had to say again. Haha!
Yes! Ditto! Seeing these charms gives me inspiration to start wire wrapping more things.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Aww yiss!
Thanks for digging this thread out Aderyn.
They're all amazing! <3
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

Oh! You're welcome! ^-^ I saw Xiao's giveaways, so it's nice to see a mini master thread of her creations. <3
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Aww, thank you guys! Aderyn, would love to see pictures of your wire wrap art too! ; )
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Phew! Well, I have had a busy September, and will have a busy October, but I wanted to post some pictures of a few things I've been working on in the meantime ...

Well, in August I had a chance to go to the beach, and I LOVE beach-combing for shells. This particular beach did not disappoint, and I picked up loads of beautiful seashells ... I was inspired by this pin of a gorgeous witchy-looking ear wrap. I'm not sure it came out exactly right (and it does strain my ear a bit when I wear it), but it was fun to make:

might still break it down and use the shells and beads for something else, though

I've also been buying some random lots of wholesale charms off of Amazon, and sometimes I'm surprised by the funny little charms that you find. I received, among other things, a little key charm that says "HOT" on it, and a pretty comb charm, so I was inspired to make an Aphrodite-themed bottle charm for myself:

Always had low self-esteem and poor body image, so I'm hoping that some Aphrodite energy will help!

At some point, I also experimented with making a small altar candle. I made a continuous chain of beads that have four charms to represent the elements; the whole thing drapes around a jar candle. Now all I have to do to use this altar is to orient it correctly (have the earth charm pointing north, etc.), and then light it. Talk about cheap altar ideas!

This side you can see the key, which stands for fire, and the fish, for water

Here you can see the earth and the air sides, for north and east, respectively

Also made some random things:

A hairpin that I think looks a little bit like an alien ... hopefully it won't when I'm actually wearing it.

This ring was just an experiment since I bought myself a new ring-sizing mandrel ... took me all of 3 minutes to make

Finally, a few weeks ago my coven and I made a trip to a local gem and bead store, where I dropped WAY more money than I should have (just too many beautiful things there ...) ... Among other things, I picked up a string of rose quartz chips for another Aphrodite charm, which I will soon be giving away here!

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

This is my latest creation! I made a pair of matching elf ears for my best friend's birthday, since she absolutely adores elves, especially of the Tolkien variety. I'm pretty proud of how they came out, and they're an original design. Copper wire with glass beads.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

You are so talented, oh my goodness! They look amazing! I love those ears!!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
rainbowsofiris

Post by rainbowsofiris »

Wow you have amazing creative vision and beautiful supplies, you have a careful eye for quality.

You really should expand as you say into more business adventures over as hobbies as you do have the capacity to reap economic benefits.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Oh wow, I love your take on the elven ears, Xiao! I saw a few other versions in the past but I've got to admit I like yours the most.
You should seriously open an Etsy shop, girl! ;)

Now I'm wondering how would it look like made of copper wires, maybe with a slightly steampunk-ish touch to it :>
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Fun stuff. Beautifully made.

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I haven't been making jewelry at quite the same pace as I was before I started up school again, but here are some of my latest creations! (shameless plug -- you can find a bunch of these on my Etsy, the Little Lotus Shop! Forum members get a discount with the coupon code, 2015EUTMFORUM).

So I happened to find more feathers again (a gift from the Goddess, I think!); these were three of the tiniest, cutest little feathers I've ever seen! I took them home, cleaned them up, and fashioned a little wire dreamcatcher out of them.

I designed this one for my best friend to go with the elf ears that I posted previously.

I'm still experimenting with wrapping seashells and I especially love the moon snail shells! I used a rather thicker wire gauge than I should have for this last one, but still.

Just a simple little wrap as an experiment!

I got into something of a tree of life pendant phase, since they seem to be my best (okay, ONLY) sellers on Etsy.

Lastly, I've been experimenting with a type of leaf design that I really like!
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

I wear the pendant I bought from you frequently! I love it. ^___^ When I visited the ocean I dipped it in a small wave so the shell would have some of the ocean with it. :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Lovely things, Xiao.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”