What if I dont Have Everything I need for a Spell

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Crow

What if I dont Have Everything I need for a Spell

Post by Crow »

Hey, yeah its me again :roll: . But i got billions of questions, so heres another, even if it is a corney question... If i wanted to cast a spell, or well do basically any witchcraft, and I don't have everything i need, What do I do? For example, the other week 3 red candles where needed and I only had two.(my luck)... what then? Are three candles "required", Can i go without one? Can it be substituted with another color? Should i just give up my hopes of doing that spell at all?? lots of stupid questions... But i know it happenes to me so often, where im just one candle short, or one oil to short. Its frustraiting. So if u can shed a little light on this situation then thanks, if not then, well thanks anyways.. because right now i just need answers. ^_^
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

Most items have substitutions that you can use in a pinch.

As far as candles go, whenever you don't have a particular color, a white one can be used in its place. :D
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hello :D

I think the best thing for you to get your head round is the fact that when you cast a spell it is your intent which is the biggest thing you'll ever need. Candles and Herbs and such are really just tools, it is your focus and intent which has the real power. Tools can help us focus, but the intent is where the real power comes from.
I don't even look up spells any more, haven't done for a long time.
I just grab what feels right and what's to hand.

hedge
Crow

Post by Crow »

Yeah, i know its the intention, trust me i know that :wink: , ^^, i guess just when it sais what you should use and you dont, in the back in my mind i hear this little voice going, "U SCREWED UP!" lol. I hate that voice, it makes it hard to concentrait, lol. Oh, and thank you very much for the white candle tip, ^_^, if anyone else has any other idea to make up for lack of tools, like incense, candles, and such; I would appreciate it. Thanks guys. :D
Orion

Post by Orion »

Remember, what you're trying to do with the spell is more important to know than the spell itself. Gotta learn to relax and go with the flow, Crow :)
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
Crow

U GUYS ROCK

Post by Crow »

:D HOLY COW I LOVE THIS FORUM. BLESS YOU HEATHER, :D the atmosphere here is phonominal, the people so caring, i mean just down-right loving. WOW, you guys are great, and im so glad I have this oppertunity to talk with you guys, thanks, and i will try to relax a little bit better ^_^, and thank you guys, your comments just make me feel better every time i read one, thank you "Blessed Be"
Aloron

Post by Aloron »

Aww. Yeah I quite like tha atmosphere of this place too. Remember there are a bazzilion cajillion spells out there. If you dont have the right items for one you can always find another to suit the same purpose.
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

You can substitute a white candle for other candle colors, just make sure you charge that candle with the intentions that the color candle would have. If you don't have an oil that is called for just use olive oil. Most herbs always have substitutions.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

that little voice that says"you screwed up"
i've heard it too.
but get rid of it.
ground yourself.
meditate untill you are rid of these troublesome thought.
because
DOUBT KILLS A SPELL.
good luck
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

True, sheherazade.

I've used many-a-substitution in my day. I agree with Hedge, it is the intention of the tool rather than the color, shape, etc. Just know what it is for, and the rest will fall into place.

~BB~

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”