Greetings all from across the atlantic I am Gallowglass

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
[Chaz]

Post by [Chaz] »

Hello and welcome Gallowglass.
GALLOWGLASS

hello

Post by GALLOWGLASS »

Hello chaz,

Finnaly somebody to talk to I thought there might be a convention on or something no one seem's to be here today how are you my dear and what are all about if you dont mind me asking

Blessing's from Gallowglass
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

You'll find that this place moves very slowly, and almost not at all on Sundays. It may take a while, but you'll get used to it.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
moonwitch*

Post by moonwitch* »

you know... a chat room would be great! Does anyone know of any good chat rooms. I went into a yahoo chat room once.. :: shivers::: scary stuff :shock: ... just kidding .... I could not find anyone or anyplace to talk about the craft...
Gallowglass, I read in another post that you would be going to Stonehenge.. WOW... how many times have you been? How long of a trip is it for you? I would love to go.. but ... that would be a long trip for me.... and a expensive one. I am in the United States.
Moon Witch
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Ginger Greetings to you Gallowglass!
[scifichick]

Re: The term warlock.

Post by [scifichick] »

GALLOWGLASS wrote:In my reserved opinion the term warlock is just a male terminology for the male practitioner of witchcraft but if it is that important to you it origionates from a word in the gaulish language: varloch which roughly translated means spiritual medium.
I found a nice page with several meanings for warlock listed. Here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlock and here is a little snippet from there:
Members of the Wiccan religion consider the word an insult. It is said that the word itself comes from a Scottish word meaning "oathbreaker" or "liar". However, one source suggests that the word may come from the Old Norse Vard-lokkur, "caller of spirits".

The origin of the word warlock, may be found in the Old English 'wærloga' which means "one that breaks faith" or "the devil". (dictionary etymology).

A highly speculative etymology interprets 'wærloga' as 'the man of the logs' alluding to the small pieces of wood the Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian priests and wise men used to divine by means of the runes. This etymology seems to have been created to support neopagan beliefs about the past, inasmuch as warlock then appears to be a slang word of Christian coinage pejoratively used for those who remained Pagan and practising the art of the runes. However, its dependence upon sarcastic Christians referring to small pieces of wood as 'logs' makes it extremely unlikely, especially since the etymological roots of 'log' are believed to refer to felled trees or equally massive objects.
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

moonwitch wrote:you know... a chat room would be great! Does anyone know of any good chat rooms. I went into a yahoo chat room once.. :: shivers::: scary stuff :shock: ... just kidding .... I could not find anyone or anyplace to talk about the craft...
Gallowglass, I read in another post that you would be going to Stonehenge.. WOW... how many times have you been? How long of a trip is it for you? I would love to go.. but ... that would be a long trip for me.... and a expensive one. I am in the United States.
Holy stinkin cow I know... those yahoo chat room are crappy.
**Nothing is set in stone**
Invoke

Post by Invoke »

Gallowglass ... that's quite a name I've never heard before. Different.
You're a warlock? Just curious ... What have you experienced in your lifetime? See any ghosts, demons or angels? Do you cast spells and did anything work for you?
I apologise for sounding so nosey and rude. I'm Invoke. It's nice to meet you and welcome to the board!

Invoke

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”