Freaky Witches

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

We were all just wearing jeans and a tee shirt! I was only wearing like a necklace but it was just a regular one. we weren't dressed funky or making a scene. The last thing I want is a scene. Plus we were talking quietly, for the fact that we didn't want any attention on the matter. We didn't purposly go there to eat and have the conversation, it had already been going on and we were starving so we pulled in there. That's why it confused and frustrated me so much. we were litterally minding our own buisness.

I just think it's weird how some ppl get noticed over nothing while others dont.

for example. My cousin has a friend at her school. He was wearing a pentical necklace and the teacher told him he had to take it off. well he stood up and yelled " I have religiouse rights too. Why is it that a Christian can wear a cross and stuff but I being a wiccan cant wear a pentical?" and everyone was just likr "go you" or they acted like it was nothing. But if my cousin would say something like. "oh I like your pentical necklace" people would stare at her and be like "omg you worship satan" or smething.
**Nothing is set in stone**
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Yep- true, Moonlit. I read an article somewhere that I think was a letter to a school board addressing the pentacle at school issue-- I've heard they do ask you to remove the symbol while at school. Very interesting subject.

And I think that when people stare we should all just think, "gee how unfortunate-- they apparently have no life or even conversation subject of their own... they have to listen and stare at us." :wink:

~BB~
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I am shocked to hear that a teacher can force a kid to take off their pentacle necklace! Witchcraft (or Wicca, one or the other) is a recognized religion in the U.S. Let's get the ACLU involved with this! There is no reason why he shouldn't be able to wear his pentacle just like another kid would wear a cross.

I don't know why I don't get any looks or comments about my pentacle necklace. I figured it was because no one understood what it meant. I live right in the Bible Belt of the South, so people definitely would not approve if they knew what it was. No one seems to notice though. I'm going to get a diamond placed in the middle of the pentacle so maybe then people will see it, lol.

moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Dude, I would love to start something.... I mean it's not fair. I think our hollidays should be listed on the calendar too.. If my parents wouldn't find out I'd be out there having a strike or something.lol
**Nothing is set in stone**
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Here is some info on Witchcraft being a recognized religion. Maybe that will help you out:
http://www.celticcrow.com/community/nfedlaw.html

Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Thank you, . I'll have to check that out.

I'm still looking for that article... I'll be sure to post it when/if I can find it again.

~BB~

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”