In absence of a smudge stick

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Airelinn

In absence of a smudge stick

Post by Airelinn »

Hello! My sis has been noticing her cat and small children acting weird lately, as though they have noticed a presence. She'd like to do something about it, but the only thing I can think of to cleanse the space is a smudge stick. The problem is that she's nowhere near a metaphysics shop and can't get to one.

Ideally, whatever she does would be simple as she and I are fairly reserved in our practice, by nature. Could a simple incense or candle replace a smudge stick, for example? It's pretty important to her to clear this spirit, as she suspects it's caused her small kiddos nightmares in the past.

Much thanks! :)

Airelinn
azriel

Re: In absence of a smudge stick

Post by azriel »

Most tools are simply that, tools. The true power is in the intention. As long as you dedicate a certain role for an item, then it should help.

Incense and candles are a simple, yet versatile tool that are easy to come by and can be designed to meet your needs.
If there are certain smells, or colors that you associate with cleansing or protection, then you can find simple candles that fit your parameters.

I wish you luck!
Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Airelinn

Post by Airelinn »

Awesome, I'll let her know. Thanks so much for the advise! :)
FireRaven

Post by FireRaven »

azriel wrote:Most tools are simply that, tools. The true power is in the intention. As long as you dedicate a certain role for an item, then it should help.

Incense and candles are a simple, yet versatile tool that are easy to come by and can be designed to meet your needs.
If there are certain smells, or colors that you associate with cleansing or protection, then you can find simple candles that fit your parameters.

I wish you luck!
Azriel
^-^~
Agreed. I smudged my apartment with incense one time when I didn't have sage, and it worked just as well. :)

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”