Newbie (gemstone picking)

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Sylar_pf

Newbie (gemstone picking)

Post by Sylar_pf »

Hey everyone! I have a newbie question about gemstones.
I wish to purchase myself one which I will be carying as a neklace. Which would be suitable for me considering the fact that I'm a Scorpio (don't really know what else matters)? I heard that you have to choose depending on the fact if you 'feel' its energy and if you connect with it.

Help?

p.s. Which would be good for studying and concentration?
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Newbie (gemstone picking)

Post by Seraphin »

I just go by how they feel energetically. I just merely look at a large variety of tumbled and natural stones, and they tell me which ones of them to use on any given day for any given reason.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Herzen

Post by Herzen »

I think it would be better to start with a soft gemstone, especially if you plan on carrying it all the time. But it depends on what you need it for.

The Scorpio gemstone is Aquamarine, light blue is great for expression and serenity you could start with this one. I'm Scorpio too, and I own one but it's not my favorite, I feel a deeper energetic connexion with Citrine.

Let your feelings choose for you. If you have real doubt I think you can always go with Crystal rock it's neutral.
~ Disciple of Artemis ~
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

Thanks for the answers! :)
willowia

Post by willowia »

Hi Sylar!

Start with what catches your eye! maybe certain colors or shapes appeal to you, then go ahead and pick it up.
Sometimes closing your eyes and focusing on the sensation of its weight in your palm will help. If you like the energy, i'd hold onto it for a bit and continue looking.

I tend to grab a few as I go around a shop and when i feel like i've had enough of searching, i take a look at my finds and pick one or two that feel best to me. I always research and stay conscientious of each stone's meanings to be sure I would have use for them in my life.

We all have different ways of deciding and my way may not be best for you! I'm a virgo and I'm very, very thorough. (if you wanted to know, the stone that resonates with me the most is tigers eye. :P) I can take hours sometimes to decide what stones resonate with me. But i always walk out happy I did! Its all up to you! Trust your instincts! Good luck!

~Willowia
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

Hi Willowia!

I'm going gemstone shopping in 2 weeks so I will listen to your advice.
My brother collects crystals which is kinda strange since he's only 11 and I have always resonated with garnet so far.
I think your way should be the best one, intuition and feelings are the best way of deciding :)

Thank you so much for the answer! :)
Esaru Kun

Post by Esaru Kun »

I would recommend for you to go with the one that draws you. You can find the one that draws you by scanning the stones on the table and seeing if your eyes revert back to one imparticular. Another way of finding crystals the work best for you is that the crystal will speak or call out to you, either by energy feeling or image perhaps, or just by being 'drawn'. Either way the crystal will let you know and once you've chosen, know that that crystal is the right one for you, because it was meant to be - I hope this helps.
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

Hi Esaru Kun!
Thanks for the answer. Most of you said the same thing so I will try that.
I was always afraid of picking the wrong one but guess you can't pick the wrong one ^^

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”