Thought Reality?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Thought Reality?

Post by AdastraJunction »

So this is happening more and more in my life and I never thought anything of it until recently when a mate pointed it out. Now to be perfectly honest I do not believe in coincidence, the universe is rarely so lazy. I don't know if it is a gift or just my own energy causing it. So I'd like opinions.

Every time (yes I mean every single time) I think of a song I want to hear no matter how old it is it will suddenly come on as I search through stations on the radio, if I want to watch a film I have not seen in a long while it will suddenly come on the telly either that day or in the next several days or even show up in my feed on Amazon, Netflix or Hulu. Or someone will mention it and it will stick with me until I hear it or see it.

It isn't just music or telly this happens with either. But always something useless and benign, like I want a certain ice-cream because I have a craving then suddenly my sister-in-law will show up with the groceries while I am watching the children and it will be there without my asking or saying anything about it. There is another thing, I don't know if this has to do with it or just different entirely but when I drive 3 street lights in a row will always turn off as I pass, every time I drive in the evening or if I walk past a radio with an antennae it will loose signal.

Thoughts?
Vesca

Re: Thought Reality?

Post by Vesca »

I get this too.

I've come around to the understanding (just how it fits well in my head), that there's some trace premonition happening that something will occur, and it strikes a chord with something I like and therefore makes me want to see it again.

I think it begins outside of my thoughts, but my thoughts pick it up and translate it into a desire - might be a better way of explaining it.

I can't say for sure, but I don't believe in coincidences either.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Yes, they're not just coincidence. This is called materialization.

As I said in the post in that link I provided above,
materialization need not be immediate and instantaneous, like what Swami Sathya Si Baba had done when he was still alive. It can be over a period of time. But the result is essentially the same, namely, the sudden physical manifestation or representation of something desired.
I've heard many experiences of this type of materialization in daily life. A girl wishing to have a particular doll receives it as a gift, although she told no one about it. A regular employee wanting to own an expensive gadget, he couldn't afford to buy suddenly gets one from a cousin who unexpectedly arrives from U.S.

Imagery and visualization is a window in our inner world, a way of viewing our thoughts, wants and desires. Through imagery we can stimulate changes in our physical world usually considered inaccessible to conscious influence. What our mental plane imagines, our physical plane accepts as true and real.

Many spiritual/meditative seminars are teaching this thought reality/brain programming techniques in which participants are being told that in order to materialize things, they must have strong desire for their goals, they must believe in the method or programming they're doing and they must expect the result to happen without any doubt at all. If doubt, skepticism and unbelief enters their mind, they're not going to achieve their goal because they're putting a monkey wrench to its achievement

Thanks to the current research findings in neuroscience and quantum physics, the mind's vital role is now starting to be a recognized fact even by the more conservative and skeptical scientists, neurologists and psychologists.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

I always wondered if it's the universe hearing our thoughts and "granting" your wishes or if it's the person that's thinking about it that's actually attracting the event.
For example few years ago I was coming back from a trip with my family and I had a very bad feeling about it and I asked my dad if we could stay one more day. Of course he said no and was angry at me for being unreasonable. Later that evening we had a car accident. Last year I sensed my friends' cat was strange and I told her something was wrong. Again same-stop being unreasonable Sylar! The cat died the next day ._.

So yeah,I understand your question and I would like to know the answer too. They often say 'Be careful what you wish for' which might actually be true. I personally think it's you and the Universe cooperating! Sometimes you wish, it grants and sometimes you sense the Universes next move :)
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

This idea that the universe hearing our thoughts and granting our wishes could be explain by "Law of Attraction". And yes! Many folks tell us that it's the Cosmos or the Universe coordinating the alleged Law of Attraction.

But what would compel the Universe to respond to our positive imagination or visualization? I believe the Universe responds to our positive thoughts and choices. Same will happen to negative imagination or thinking.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

I do believe in Carl Jung's theory of the "collective unconscious", maybe this is another aspect of that as well?
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

Seraphin wrote:This idea that the universe hearing our thoughts and granting our wishes could be explain by "Law of Attraction". And yes! Many folks tell us that it's the Cosmos or the Universe coordinating the alleged Law of Attraction.

But what would compel the Universe to respond to our positive imagination or visualization? I believe the Universe responds to our positive thoughts and choices. Same will happen to negative imagination or thinking.
Well that'a a hard question to answer :D
But I have similar experiences as AdastraJunction. Many times have I thought of someone or something and it happened the same day... Kinda freaks me out ^^'

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”