Afraid to meditate

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
YanaKhan

Re: Afraid to meditate

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, mystic11.
I moved your thread to the " Consciousness Work and Meditation" section, so it receives the right attention.
Do you mind jumping to the Intro section at the top of the forum and post an intro, so we can get to know you better? Thanks.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

If you're scared to meditate then you should first learn how to establish a sacred space--casting circle and invoking protection amd peace. Once you feel absolutley protected and calm, then it will be easy to meditate :)
onyx208

Post by onyx208 »

All I can relate is my experience. I have schizo. I don't keep it much of a secret. I started hearing things at age 10. I have gone through periods of delusion and paranoia. I was even on a medication that created buzzing like that of an auditorium in my ears for a while every time I took it, and it was horrible.

But when I meditate, I experience serenity. True, if prayer is talking to the deities, then meditation is hearing back. But it is not your ears or even mind that will be hearing anything. It is your spirit. It's an odd thing to explain.
I listen to Celtic music when I meditate. You could also try a guided meditation (strongly suggest, especially if you're nervous about it) or even nature sounds like whale songs.

Just start for 5 minutes at a time using visualization, then bring yourself gently back. You will find in no time it is an enjoyable experience.
Onyx
I hope that was helpful.
cherrymoonweb101

Post by cherrymoonweb101 »

Hi Onyx I'm on the schizo spectrum too. It's cool for me to meet other people into new age occult stuff with schizophrenia. Thanks for sharing :))

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”