Pentagram

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
davincitraced

Pentagram

Post by davincitraced »

Does anybody here wear a pentagram. Does it make a difference when wearing one?
Sakura Blossom

Re: Pentagram

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Hello davincitraced! Welcome to EUTM! We'd love to get to know you better so why don't you head over to our member introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself? Thanks!

- Sakura
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

...In answer to your question, no, I don't usually wear my pentagram in public, but that's mostly because I'm in a ridiculously Christian town and I'm afraid I would be ostracized if I did. Sometimes if I'm having an off day I'll wear it under my shirt; when it's outside my shirt, I tighten the cord enough that it's resting against my skin. I just got my pentagram a few days ago, and whenever I'm wearing it, I get this overwhelming sense of home. Maybe that's just the newness, but I always feel closer to the Goddess when I have it touching my skin. I don't know how it is for other people.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I don't wear one. However I would, if I found the right piece of jewelry to wear.

I've also been thinking of getting a pentacle tattoo for some time now.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

I have one I made, not perfect or anything and I usually wear it when I go out. I deffinitly feel more secure with it on, more at peace and more myself. :) I'm hoping to get a new one thats better quality. I am also interested in getting a tattoo of one aswell but haven't decided where.
sebjon

Post by sebjon »

I just recently bought a pentacle neckless from Salem'sMagickShop (along other things ^^) but haven't received it yet.

Hopefully it will feel as good as for you Silversong! :)
LadyCatnip

Post by LadyCatnip »

I have one I wear most days. I find that it helps it keep me centered. I also wear a ring that's inscribed "harm none". I've noticed on days that I'm not wearing either, nor my triquetra, that I feel particularly scattered and lost. They may only be placebo effects, but I try to keep at least one of these on every day.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I used to on a regular basis. Now it's more... ornamental than anything else, or something I wear once in awhile. It's not that the symbol has lost its meaning, or its importance, just that I've moved on with my path a bit and other symbols speak more to me now.

I also have a discreet tattoo of the protection symbol that resonates the most with me, so there's that. :P
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Pentagram necklaces don't like me. I had two different ones around the time I was starting out and I lost both of them. I feel like the universe was telling me I didn't need them. :| I do have a necklace that I'll occasionally wear during spell work. I use it as a conduit to connect myself to the energy of other witches. I use it for big stuff, kind like using the fine china for special meals. :wink:
davincitraced

Post by davincitraced »

Vesca wrote:I used to on a regular basis. Now it's more... ornamental than anything else, or something I wear once in awhile. It's not that the symbol has lost its meaning, or its importance, just that I've moved on with my path a bit and other symbols speak more to me now.

I also have a discreet tattoo of the protection symbol that resonates the most with me, so there's that. :P
Whats the protection symbol
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

davincitraced wrote:
Vesca wrote:I used to on a regular basis. Now it's more... ornamental than anything else, or something I wear once in awhile. It's not that the symbol has lost its meaning, or its importance, just that I've moved on with my path a bit and other symbols speak more to me now.

Whats the protection symbol
Introduce yourself in the introductions section and I'll show you. ;)
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I found my pentagram from Dan's jewelry thru Amazon
I got it about 8-9yrs ago and it's still in great shape.
I always wear mine, sometimes outside my shirt, and
sometimes it comes out on it's own-like at the library
last week and the librarian asked about it only to let
me know there were books in the book sale areas. She
was curious, I think some people are curious, other's
may look at us like we are coming for their children;
not me, I don't do kids, I have a cat and that's enough !
I have a ring I wear on my dominate hand, silver in color,
star in middle, crescent Moons one on each side of top
triangle, three-looped protection(can't spell it!), and an
over-hand knot to tie it all together. Small enough so
unless you know what the symbols are you wouldn't
know what it is besides jumbled lines !
I'm Pagan and proud ! I really don't hide it on purpose,
unlessI've gone to church with hubby; that is 'til their
pastor/Father/priest Father Liz retired. She knew I
was, she's seen my necklace and it didn't matter to her.
We have even had discussions on the subject. One thing
that surprised her was the fact we don't have a devil.
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Badgerstate

Post by Badgerstate »

I have one but I don't wear if often. I find that when I do wear it, I always tuck it under my shirt and if I'm going to hide it, whats the point in wearing it? Its a pretty cool one though: it's got Norse runes on it that form a circle around the pentacle.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

Badgerstate wrote:I have one but I don't wear if often. I find that when I do wear it, I always tuck it under my shirt and if I'm going to hide it, whats the point in wearing it? Its a pretty cool one though: it's got Norse runes on it that form a circle around the pentacle.
I think we might have the same pentacle XD This one?

Badgerstate

Post by Badgerstate »

Silversong wrote:
Badgerstate wrote:I have one but I don't wear if often. I find that when I do wear it, I always tuck it under my shirt and if I'm going to hide it, whats the point in wearing it? Its a pretty cool one though: it's got Norse runes on it that form a circle around the pentacle.
I think we might have the same pentacle XD This one?

Yup! Thats the one. :mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”