Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

Post by Seraphin »

I think I'll go for the gem elixir. (I always keep stones in my water bottle; usually ones that promote physical energy and/or general abundance -- always citrine, and 2-4 others, depending on what I need specifically). And as I pointed out earlier, amethyst is good for insight and clarity. We could drop the stone in our pitcher of fresh cold (not iced) spring water, give it the respect it deserves, and then ask for the intuition we desire, drink it and leave the crystal in the bottom of the pitcher.
Babybear wrote:Maybe make this a full meal you eat so like almond sage pesto with your meat at dinner and for desert something with peaches and honey and clover not that that is what we end up with but just as an example.
I've always loved almond-sage pesto, cooked any which style, so long as it's delicious. But since this is a spell we're weaving, I think it's important and necessary to have a particular recipe to follow. The reason I've stated this is because it doesn't matter if certain ingredients have the same properties or some are just added spices, different ingredients and procedures are different and distinct spells and will produce different results.

Now, as for the desert what about grilled peaches with honey, clover and ground hazelnut?
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
keria

Post by keria »

Hi I was wondering if I could join in this month? I felt led here today for some reason and it seems like the perfect spell for me. I consider myself an apprentice kitchen witch and love the idea of food magic. I'm trying to learn all I can. I love crafting with herbs and crystals, that is my path. I am also a Virgo and would like to work on my intuition.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

keria wrote:Hi I was wondering if I could join in this month? I felt led here today for some reason and it seems like the perfect spell for me. I consider myself an apprentice kitchen witch and love the idea of food magic. I'm trying to learn all I can. I love crafting with herbs and crystals, that is my path. I am also a Virgo and would like to work on my intuition.
I want in on this too. But don't know how.

I'm a southern girl. Pretty much every thing I do is in the kitchen or nature haha.
It's in my blood. ... But I like to call myself a " McGyver witch". (For those who don't know , It's an 80s reference. I'm old as heck. Hahahha. )
keria

Post by keria »

Mrsdavid I assume the 1975 part is your birth year, I must be old too haha I'm a '77. I remember watching that show, I loved it. Incidentally I remember I loved Wonder Woman too! I love the idea of kitchen witchery. I wish I had someone in my area to learn from but I can't even find a group in my area. There are no shops or anything. I have to get stuff offline. I am still trying to get some basic supplies together apart from the herbs I grow. I am adding to them, I already got my seeds :)
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

keria wrote:Mrsdavid I assume the 1975 part is your birth year, I must be old too haha I'm a '77. I remember watching that show, I loved it. Incidentally I remember I loved Wonder Woman too! I love the idea of kitchen witchery. I wish I had someone in my area to learn from but I can't even find a group in my area. There are no shops or anything. I have to get stuff offline. I am still trying to get some basic supplies together apart from the herbs I grow. I am adding to them, I already got my seeds :)

Yes. My husbands name is David. And I was born in 1975. I'll be 40 in a few days. Aaaaaaaaaa! Haha.

Ya. Ive just moved to a new house. I can't wait to get a garden together. I also like to use stuff that grows naturally... You would be amazed at the things that are edible and usable in some form ... Things like kudzu. And dandelions. .. Just reg things people see as weeds have beautiful uses.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

I don't eat dessert. Could we do like... a meal and drink? Because I know a recipe for Almond, Hazelnut, and Sage Crusted Chicken as well as Honey-Sweetened Peach Lemonade.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Azure that sounds amazing and of course you can chime in guys everyone is welcome
keria

Post by keria »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:

Yes. My husbands name is David. And I was born in 1975. I'll be 40 in a few days. Aaaaaaaaaa! Haha.

Ya. Ive just moved to a new house. I can't wait to get a garden together. I also like to use stuff that grows naturally... You would be amazed at the things that are edible and usable in some form ... Things like kudzu. And dandelions. .. Just reg things people see as weeds have beautiful uses.
My husbands name is David too! Lol
And yes I am learning about all the different "weeds" that are very useful in food and magic.
keria

Post by keria »

BabyBear wrote:Azure that sounds amazing and of course you can chime in guys everyone is welcome
Thank you BabyBear!
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

keria wrote:Hi I was wondering if I could join in this month? I felt led here today for some reason and it seems like the perfect spell for me. I consider myself an apprentice kitchen witch and love the idea of food magic. I'm trying to learn all I can. I love crafting with herbs and crystals, that is my path. I am also a Virgo and would like to work on my intuition.
mrs.david1975 wrote:I want in on this too. But don't know how.

I'm a southern girl. Pretty much every thing I do is in the kitchen or nature haha.
It's in my blood. ... But I like to call myself a " McGyver witch". (For those who don't know , It's an 80s reference. I'm old as heck. Hahahha. )
DEFINITELY! This is why we have this activity set up the way we do, we love to see people participating in creating spells, charms, potions, and other magickal things!

WOHOOO!!!

All you have to do is share your thoughts, views and perceptions about our theme for this month's spell (which is intuition). GO!
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Azure Lily wrote:I don't eat dessert. Could we do like... a meal and drink? Because I know a recipe for Almond, Hazelnut, and Sage Crusted Chicken as well as Honey-Sweetened Peach Lemonade.
Mind sharing us the Almond, Hazelnut, and Sage Crusted Chicken recipe? *Drools*
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Okay so we perform this ritual with a meal, with the determination that the physical gifts of the world – foods, drinks, herbs, crystal, etc. – would be elevated to a higher level to help us achieve the inner awareness we want to gain. Through our magickal actions and words (whatever we decided to do), we brought new meanings to eating and drinking.

This simple meal becomes just as enjoyable as the meals we do every night but is more sumptuous and has a higher purpose, for this meal would aid us to focus on what we desire: intuitive development.

So for the table set-up, it should be set with at least two indigo candles (help us expand our psychic senses), a pitcher of water, and our meal (ingredients with intuitive properties). The candles should be placed in close proximity to where you will eat the meal. The candles should be sufficiently large so that the flame will burn for the duration of the meal ritual. We could also decorate the table with anise, primrose, arnica flowers, eyebright, sunflower and pine cones as Yana and BabyBear suggested.

Lighting the Spell Candles

Candles should be lit at 10 P.M. (based on planetary alignment chart -- so we're going to have late dinner). At least two candles should be lit. The candles are lit by the spell caster of course. After lighting, extend your hands over the flames of the candles, draw them inwards seven times (magickal number for spiritual and psychic development) in circular motion, visualizing your third eye ( the seat of intuition) absorbing the energy of the candles, letting their fire enhance your intuitive abilities.
Seraphin

Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Honey-Sweetened Peach Lemonade

1 1/2 cups of liquid honey
4 cups of water
6 cups of chopped peaches
4 tbs of lemon zest
1 cup of lemon juice
4 cups of ice

Combine honey and water together in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Stir until honey is dissolved.
Add chopped peaches and lemon zest. Simmer on med-low for five minutes, then turn off heat.
Allow infusion to cool completely, then strain through a fine mesh sieve into a large pitcher or jar.
Stir lemon juice into the peach simple syrup; this is your lemonade concentrate. Chill until ready to serve.
To serve: mix peach lemonade concentrate with water to taste (I prefer mine on the lighter side). Pour into a serving pitcher or jar and top up with ice. Add a garnish of thinly sliced lemons and peaches. Serve at once.

Almond, Hazlenut, and Sage Crusted Chicken

*I'll add this later. I'm a bit busy at the moment.*
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I would like to offer a blue chalcedony elixir ..... Rain water, blue chalcedony with druzy Quartz, .... Charged by the last blue moon .
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:I would like to offer a blue chalcedony elixir ..... Rain water, blue chalcedony with druzy Quartz, .... Charged by the last blue moon .
Finally, a way to start using my gallons of rain water.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”