Reliable crystal/gemstone resources?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Snow

Reliable crystal/gemstone resources?

Post by Snow »

Hello!
I recently been exploring ebay for different stones for jewelry purposes and to add to my small collection and started to read in different reviews that many sellers were passing off acrylic, glass, resin, and other materials as quartz, citrine, druzy, agate, and other stones. I had initially been excited to find stones at a low price listed, but now I don't know who to trust to purchase stones from. There are apparently even vendors selling these "stones" for hundreds of dollars and when buyers go get them looked at sometimes they end up being fake. I'm starting to wonder if the pendants I've bought at shops around the world were real or imitations.

Do you guys know have trusted online vendors? Any help would be appreciate--thank you!!

:flyingwitch:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Reliable crystal/gemstone resources?

Post by SnowCat »

I don't know if any personally, but try to look for vendors who are associated with miner's club s, large rock and mineral clubs, that sort of thing. It isn't foolproof, but it should help weed out some of the unscrupulous vendors.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

esty.com most of what you see is what you're buying.
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I get mine from flea markets. That way I can touch them and feel their energies. ( they're like people and pets you know. Some don't agree with us ).
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:That way I can touch them and feel their energies. ( they're like people and pets you know. Some don't agree with us ).
That's the way I like to buy stones, too. I'm fortunate to have many "rock shops" in the region, so I don't have to only shop for them online. I love interacting with their energies. You're right, they really are like people.

Pxthology

Post by Pxthology »

I'm lucky as well. I only have one rock shop that's local, but its wonderful. I think they ship too.

Google: Wildhair Studios Rock Shop

They're lovely people and have a great collection.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”