To Become Oath Bound or Not?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Nightwatcher

To Become Oath Bound or Not?

Post by Nightwatcher »

It's been a while! Sorry for being so quiet.

The last few months, I've been rolling around the idea in my head to become oath-bound to Artemis. I'm still unsure honestly because I feel very afraid of disappointing Her. I did a small 3-card spread for myself and the cards seem to indicate it would be a positive outcome but I'm just worried and unsure about being able to... live up to it I guess.

And advice/thoughts?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: To Become Oath Bound or Not?

Post by SnowCat »

I've found that sometimes a leap of faith is required. It may be that Artemis is asking you to make a leap of faith.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

SnowCat wrote:I've found that sometimes a leap of faith is required. It may be that Artemis is asking you to make a leap of faith.

Snow
In Her, I have faith. In myself? ...no so much... :oops:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I'm very curious. What does it mean for you to be oathbound? Is it something she is asking of you, or something you initiated?

(long time no see, Nightwatcher -- good to see you around these parts again!)
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Xiao Rong wrote:I'm very curious. What does it mean for you to be oathbound? Is it something she is asking of you, or something you initiated?

(long time no see, Nightwatcher -- good to see you around these parts again!)
Yah, long time no see. I'm surprised you remember me! XD

Being oathbound means you swear something to the God to are making the oath to. It could be to donate a certain amount of time or money to a charity, to give them exclusive worship, etc. I know one devotee to Apollon made an oath to Him to stop self harming and seek help. An oath is very serious; not even the Gods Themselves can break an oath without deep repercussions.

She has not asked this of me; I am thinking to do it of my own will with no prompting. I'm just concerned She would not accept it or I am not good enough to give an oath to Her.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”