I've been feeling really disconnected recently?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Cernunnos

I've been feeling really disconnected recently?

Post by Cernunnos »

Within the week or two or so I have been feeling really disconnected spiritually. This is unusual for me and I don't think I've ever really experienced this before - In this way at least. I not only feel disconnected from my God and Goddess, magic, and from the Earth, but I also feel very disconnected emotionally. I've surrounded myself with more friends than I think I've had in quite a few years and I really don't feel any real emotional connection with them, I was drifting farther and farther away from my significant other but a week or two ago I made the choice to be more open with her than I have ever been with anyone - Telling her the absolute truth and nothing else filtering nothing.

It worked, and it still is working and my relationship is going... Questionably great. I don't really think my relationship is a problem, just a part of all of this disconnection. I was speaking with a few people over IRC and I mentioned this illness I caught and they told me that this disconnection could have been one of the first showing symptoms of it - I'm not too sure though, it's just some sort of cold? Perhaps a mild flu (I've had my shot, I know it's still possible though). That probably sounds like nonsense to you all, but I do know that sicknesses such as this do hinder spiritual abilities as well as physical ones. I'm not sure if that is the case entirely though here. I've been speaking to a friend of mine about crystals and such and she suggested that if I really want to start working with crystals I should start with blue kyanite for a number of reasons I'm sure you can find if you Google around... Or perhaps you already know of them.

I know this seems like a big rant at this point but really all I'm asking here is if any of you have experienced this same thing - And how did you overcome it if you did?
"I will darken the heavens and turn all stars to mice."
-Diana
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I've been feeling really disconnected recently?

Post by Firebird »

I wonder if getting out onto the land would help. You are surrounded by some amazing desert there. Been awhile since I been to Vegas, but I remember Lake Mead is nearby. I went google mapping around your area and found this First Creek trail off hwy 159 that looked pretty nice. The rocks way up the trail look like the would be a good place to connect with our great creators. If you can possibly camp somewhere that may help too. My best recomendation is to get to the land, spend some time grounding, and if you play the flute...bring it along. ...my mom calls it clearing the cobwebs of ones soul, camping that is...
Good to see you by the way,
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Jenny Crow

Post by Jenny Crow »

Yes, I've felt like this in the past and found, for me, that it usually was a predictor of change to come about in my spiritual practice.

As well, being sick can make us tired and when we're tired we can't focus properly. Our energies are being put to the task of trying to heal the body. Firebirdflys mentioned grounding and I agree - that is a great suggestion. Meditation might also help you - meditation is good to do anyway.

I asked my guides and teachers to give me signs as to which direction I was to go in. I don't always 'hear' my guides but they do give me specific signs that I can recognize.
Cernunnos

Post by Cernunnos »

firebirdflys wrote:I wonder if getting out onto the land would help. You are surrounded by some amazing desert there. Been awhile since I been to Vegas, but I remember Lake Mead is nearby. I went google mapping around your area and found this First Creek trail off hwy 159 that looked pretty nice. The rocks way up the trail look like the would be a good place to connect with our great creators. If you can possibly camp somewhere that may help too. My best recomendation is to get to the land, spend some time grounding, and if you play the flute...bring it along. ...my mom calls it clearing the cobwebs of ones soul, camping that is...
Good to see you by the way,
Blessings, Firebird
I'm not sure it'd be possible, I'm an asthmatic and me and cold don't mix well.
-Diana
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I forget how cold tbe desert can get in winter.
If you can get out at all I highly recommend it. This time of year is a problem with the shorter days and you may not be getting enough vitamin D,. Pick up some of that and try it for awhile. In the meanwhile if you wish to use stone. I would put clear quartz in your left hand and smokey quartz in your right and imagine divine energy flowing into you through your left hand and any negativity flowing out into the smoky quartz. Let the smokey quartz release into the earth after you have used it, charge them both up in the sun.
An alternative would be to bring a chunk of the desert into the house and use it as a grounding stone.
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Cernunnos

Post by Cernunnos »

Tell me more about what you call a "grounding stone"?
-Diana
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I use a big piece of sandstone to put my other stones on to ground them or clear them of negative energy. That is if I cannot go outside to do that. But I was thinking more along the line of a substantial piece of rock you can bring in the house for yourself to ground with, that you can place both hands on, or your feet or maybe you could hold it in your lap. After about a week, bring it outside and put it on the earth for several hours or overnight and then it's ready to re-use as needed
ff
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Cernunnos

Post by Cernunnos »

I see... We've got this large heart shaped... Something. It's a rock I found. Could I use that?
-Diana
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I suppose,
yet I recommend the sandstone because it is high in silica content, and you are surrounded by some fine rock out there!
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Cernunnos

Post by Cernunnos »

I performed a rite tonight, to commune with Lord and Lady, happens to be one of the many things I've been putting to the side. I felt a sudden thirst for them after my empathy nearly drove me to a state of depression because someone in the same room was feeling a little less than themselves. Among the many things said within the circle were that I wish to gain better control of my empathy - And just as I said that the candle to the east (Eastern watchtower, of Raphael) suddenly got 2-3 times brighter. The message I got from this is that in some way Raphael can help me with this. I told this entity that I would meditate focused on its name sometime, to attempt to communicate with Raphael. What are your thoughts on this?
-Diana
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hi Cernunnos, when that kind of thing happens to me-the very first thing I do is go to my bookshelf; or go online and do some research. Then something will invariably jump out at me about what my message was. It can be as simple as a Google search to get going. What did you find out about Raphael, and the direction of East that resonated with you?
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I always have issues with feeling "disconnected" during the end of the year... The seasons change, it gets darker, it is always cold and dingy outside, and so on.
That being said, I make an effort to be outside for at least ten minutes a day- usually to meditate and drink my morning coffee. Then, if I am not working, I spend my time trying to make my home a more spiritual place. I will clean, light prayer candles, redecorate, etc. This makes me feel like I have stirred up some positive and spiritual energies, usually resulting in a happy home full of inspiration and comfort. Its what works for me.

Then again, there are some days where the season just gets me down, no matter what. *shrugs*
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Vendredi

Post by Vendredi »

smogie_michele wrote:... spend my time trying to make my home a more spiritual place. I will clean, light prayer candles, redecorate, etc. This makes me feel like I have stirred up some positive and spiritual energies, usually resulting in a happy home full of inspiration and comfort. Its what works for me.
This is true for me, also, when I'm at a low point. And I have to agree with firebirdflys, too. The desert is so healing to me.
Cernunnos wrote:...I've surrounded myself with more friends than I think I've had in quite a few years and I really don't feel any real emotional connection with them...
I've had to let go of friends throughout the years because we're just different people on different paths, and at a certain point their company was dragging me down. And these weren't "bad" people, and they weren't making "bad" choices. You know the saying "fake it 'till you make it?" It might work in some ways, but I don't think it's true for relationships. Of course, I'm just thinking out loud here, this may not be helpful for you.

I do hope you get to feeling better soon.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”