Tips on strenghthening mediumship skills?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
jaybirdblue

Tips on strenghthening mediumship skills?

Post by jaybirdblue »

I really, really like being in the presence of the dead. I have a post on here somewhere about how I'm deeply drawn to cemeteries and haunted places like they're some kind of theme park (not that spirits are for my entertainment, but the excited feeling when you see one is what I'm implying). I still don't know for sure if that's 100% a spiritual thing or if I just happen to particularly like creepy things (which I do). Anyway, although I know this about myself I haven't really gone out of my way to try and...well do anything other than just sort of be in the presence. I see spirits. I physically see shadow people, and the rest are more a "minds eye" kind of thing.
A lot of the reason that I never really looked into it that much until I moved out of my parents house was because I thought I was just not sensitive to it. Which turned out not to be true, it was just that their house and property was SO psychically and spiritually charged that I was pretty much flooded by it and eventually was desensitized until I actually got a "breather" from that place. Now I go back and it kind of hits you like a tidal wave. But even in that environment, I had more paranormal experiences than I can count. It's always been normal to me I suppose? I'm very rarely scared by them and I've always sought them out. So I guess I'm seeking a little harder.
I guess what I would like to know is how do I get more in tune so to speak?
The only thing I can think of is just going to a cemetery, bringing my sketch book, and seeing what happens. But I don't know if that's helpful or not.
Anyway, if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.
Becks

Re: Tips on strenghthening mediumship skills?

Post by Becks »

Maybe look into automatic writing or drawing as you say. That thought was already forming in my mind as I read your paragraph before I got to the part where you mentioned your sketch book. Lots of ways to do this, but if the idea has already occurred to you then that's probably a nudge in the right direction.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

if you already see spirits, you probably hear them too but have not learned to discern them from your own thoughts. Possibly while you are sketching in the cemetery, your conscious mind will slack off and it is a good time to listen without really paying attention. Just let it be.

If you prefer a direct approach, Nothing beats grounding and centering to open to the spirits like a hailing frequency. Center, ask a question, and listen. Authorize your spirit guides to weed out the bad boys and allow only those spirits that your abilities can handle to emerge. have fun and treat spirits with TLC. there is not enough of that around, but don't be a rug for them to walk on either. Keep your balance. Expect respect and give respect.

A cemetery is a pretty good place to work, in broad daylight, for real world safety. As consecrated ground, the residents who have not moved on cannot follow you home. They may have issues and unfinished business, or just not know they can catch the Light Bus and move on, but you can also work in less concentrated locations.

I worked at a cemetery for over 20 years. One day, a 30-something guy came in to make arrangements. Said his line of work was chancy and he thought he should be responsible and get ready. This man had so many spirits clinging to him, that his
anxiety was overwhelming. In chatting, I learned that he was in Search and Rescue. I asked my guides to intervene. He never came back to finish those arrangements, and at least a couple spirits dragging on him let go. I lost a sale, I am glad to say.
jaybirdblue

Post by jaybirdblue »

Do you think being in contact with your guides is vital for this? Not that I'm opposed to it of course, I'm just currious. Not to mention that I haven't had direct "speaking" contact with my guide in a few years other than him telling me that he is still there and still my guide.
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

What are shadow people? I think I've seen quick glances them. For a while I was really working hard to develop my psychic abilities and started to see spirits but I immediately got freaked out and then wasn't able to anymore. Since then I have seen shadow figures in my peripheral view but then they vanish when I look directly at them? Didn't know "shadow people" were even a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jaybirdblue

Post by jaybirdblue »

*Shrugs loudly* I honestly have no idea. Lots of people have different ideas of what they are. I personally just think they're a kind of spirit. The ones Ive had encounters with are not negative but, they were very much in their own routine and didn't like to be bothered, and If I interrupted them (like if was in a room they wanted to be in) they would get more annoyed than anything. I put them in the "not human but human-like" category. But I know that other people have had very different experiences, some of them very negative, so I really don't know.
Also, be careful with identifying things that you see out of the corner of your eye. It can be kind of unreliable, especially if it is just a flash (especially motion) because that could very easily just be your eyes misidentifying something. Our peripheral vision is kind of unreliable. But if you see it "In your head" while you also see it out of the corner of your eye, or you feel a super obvious presence, its more likely that its something.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

jaybirdblue, yes, I think talking to your guides is very helpful, even if you haven't met them, or don't hear them. It's best to do it from a grounded and centered state. Grounding and centering are essential and we should be able to accomplish that state while standing on one leg at the grocery checkout line. Centering in this case is to be aware and listening.

Really, it is as simple as desire: Wanting, anticipating, expecting and welcoming the communication. A little deep breathing to calm the anxieties helps too. Talk to spirits in your head...let them know you are listening...and ask a question...can you tell me X? To start the conversation. On ghost hunter shows they talk out loud and hope to get a response on a tape recorder. You could try it. Why not? There always seems to be so much anx and activity amongst the hunters I wonder they get anything? When I worked with a medium on haunted locations, she insisted everyone breath and silently welcome the spirit (we were a group of 4 or 5, the medium and her husband, and a few students.)

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”