"Embarrassing Yearbook Photos" of Your Past Lives

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Oddball

"Embarrassing Yearbook Photos" of Your Past Lives

Post by Oddball »

So I tried to do a past life Tarot reading to figure out my fear of people in this life. For my identity card, I got the Page of Cups - and I groaned. If I'm interpreting that correctly, I was painfully idealistic (total romantic in love with the idea of LOVE, who wrote soppy poetry and cried at the drop of a hat) or painfully materialistic (after pretty decorations, good gourmet food and beautiful women), or even both. Needless to say, I am not surprised that something caught me off guard (Nine of Wands reversed) and that life didn't end well.

I read Emma Mildon's "The Soul Searcher's Handbook," and was amused that she had an embarrassing (and sad) life as a grumpy, taciturn old man - amusing because the author is so bubbly and enthusiastic.

So tell me, have you had any past lives that were so embarrassing, like a bad yearbook photo?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: "Embarrassing Yearbook Photos" of Your Past Lives

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh gosh, yes. Mostly self absorbed, drama queens falling on their own swords.
Becks

Post by Becks »

This is really interesting to me. I wonder why we look at our younger selves, so full of feeling, and judge them so? I remember the feelings and wanted to connect with others on the same level. We didn't know a lot about the nature of things, and some might say we didn't know the truth, but do our our adult perceptions and ideas cloud the pureness that came from our own intention to connect to another in a romantic and sweet way? I would prefer it. I have been so complicated and changed as an adult. I love the purity and directness of youth. There was an honest sweetness....it's vulnerable and nerdy-yes......though not as nuanced as I'd like as an adult, but there is beauty there. We just needed love.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Becks, I've been looking at the cards again, and I'm starting to think you're right. Turns out the Page of Cups is less "arrogant dandy" and more "sensitive soul." Perhaps I was a little hard on my past self.

Have you ever done a past life reading for yourself?
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hi Oddball. I have had a few dreams...glimpses maybe about my past, but I have never done a reading. As a young child I had a vivid dream in particular of being a nurse during a war. I remember the odd uniform and at the time I wondered if I was a nun. Now I know way more about history-I know it was WW1. I remember the men. It was so crazy. I also think I have been nothing.

Sometimes I wonder....I think we all do. Mostly I have a pretty solid feel for what I feel I should work on, and so I don't spend a lot of time thinking retrospectively about something I'm not sure I can fully grasp in this life. While I do have feelings about past lives...I think it might be more complicated than that. I wonder if pieces of us go everywhere, and multiple places at once. Not just reincarnation....I'm not sure, and that is the only think I'm sure of. ;)

I very much see the page of cups as a sensitive soul. The tarot deck I use showed me early on that that for me that card has a gentle wish...almost nurtured like a secret that somebody whispers quietly so as not to disturb it. That's just my relationship to the card. I read quite intuitively.

Exciting. Keep me posted.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

SpiritTalker, what happened to all those "drama queens", if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like some exciting lives!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oddball, just remember you asked... (CONTENTS EDITED)

I was told these lives through trance channeling. They were given by my teacher guide, who spoke through me while I was in trance. There were a group of seven, interconnected lifetimes. They were meant as illustration of certain "laws" and to allow me to trace patterns in my responses to challenges.

The 1st one mentioned was an early Persian life as a man who bragged to his own brother about his relations with the brother's wife; he was an arrogant man, a thief and such a creep the soldier who was sent to bring back the stolen goods didn't consider him worth the effort of killing. This was insulting, so he chose to fall on his own sword as a convoluted act of honor. go figure.

I have met these 2 people in the present life. The brother is today my best friend of 40-plus years. She recognized me at first sight as from the past, and it is amazing we became friends. The soldier...a priest I worked with. I recognized him the moment I met him, and saw his former form overlaid on him. As I was receiving Communion from him at the time, it was a wee bit mind-boggling. Oh, how far we have come that the grace and life of God was handed to me by a man who once thought me not worth the effort of slitting my gullet. It was a WOW moment and one of transcending forgiveness.

Edit: after reconsideration I have removed further "history" as I wasn't comfortable laying out the laundry, so to speak.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”