Knowing our own spirit

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Knowing our own spirit

Post by SpiritTalker »

How many of us spend time conversing with or getting to know our own spirit? Do we know what it feels like? Do we KNOW beyond doubt that we ARE a spirit having a physical experience? I know I can recognize other spirits and tell one from another, and empathically sense moods, etc. But can I feel the deep center of my own? Do I ACT from my spirit center or Re-act as driven by someone else? I know I need to be more aware of me, the Real Me, not the emotions, not the desires or disappointments, and certainly not the bad hair...but can I look into my soul and claim it? Otherwise, how can I be a Witch and do witchy-stuff? I'm just role-playing, if I'm not Me.

I had a dream last night that a thorny rose wreath and three, friendly black dogs gamboled into my yard. A voice rolled like thunder saying, "I claim the spirit." Shazam! :shock:

So-o, how do we go about knowing ourselves...? Layers of the onion, warts and all? How do any of us? I've just read getting to know the shadow post, again for the third or fifth time. It's excellent. I do know that part of me and see it's reflection in choices I make. I want my magic to be bathed in the center of my spirit. That is my power, warts and dimples in balance. :flyingwitch:
corvidus

Re: Knowing our own spirit

Post by corvidus »

SpiritTalker wrote:i know I need to be more aware of me, the Real Me, not the emotions, not the desires or disappointments, and certainly not the bad hair...but can I look into my soul and claim it?
Most absolutely you can. Our minds are rooted in our abdomen, the lower "dantien" of eastern thought. Our "souls" are centered in our Solar Plexus/Heart/Throat area. Our "heavenly soul" is centered in our skull.

Have fun, breath deep amd listen. Know thyself ;)
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

And don't forget the core star! ^
It's in your stomach area and is also known as your essence. You can meditate on making it bigger and bigger and that will enable you to feel it and know it better.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

OK, did that. Gonna do it again, natch. Magic's a by-product of knowing and claiming. Hmm...(grabs pad and pen)...off to see the Wizard. Oh, bytheway, thank you. Mutter...hmmm.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”