Cleansing Gems in Sand

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Seeking89

Cleansing Gems in Sand

Post by Seeking89 »

I have a handful of gems that I love very much and I'd like to cleanse them. I love the idea of bathing them in moonlight and burying them, but I currently live in an apartment complex and there's no place I can bury them that feels right to me.

Recently I returned to my college town and I bagged some sand from the nearby beach. The town is very important to me, I love it dearly, and so the sand is symbolic of my love and respect for the town--I also love the little beach where I got the sand. I even managed to find a few seashells that I've kept as well!

My question is, can I bury my gems in the sand I collected, or does sand not work as well as burying them in good ol' dirt?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Cleansing Gems in Sand

Post by SpiritTalker »

Gosh yes, beach sand will work swell. It's association with the rhythmic cleansing of water is appropriate. Lucky you, to have the beach so near.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

SpiritTalker wrote:Gosh yes, beach sand will work swell. It's association with the rhythmic cleansing of water is appropriate. Lucky you, to have the beach so near.
ditto!
And it's ever so slightly cleaner than dirt, you won't necessarily have to rinse them off before moonbath!
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Seeking89

Post by Seeking89 »

Sweet! I don't have the beach too close, unfortunately, but I was lucky to grab a good bagful of sand when I visited. I might try to grab more next time. Thanks so much!
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

Hi there Seeking89,

I am often just a browser on this site, but with a night off and a post like yours that caught my attention- well I may just come out of hiding for a minute :flyingwitch:

Cleansing with sand works wonders, and I think if you are worried about the beach not always being to hand you may want to develop a way that works for you of recharging the SAND so that it can then cleanse the stones on a repeated use. This is not an issue. Just the way some witches have a shadow garden (herb garden for protection herbs that you water the plants with fire charged water, tip your ash from protection herbs, etc. It's magickal recycling you see :wink2: )

Maybe you can make a place mat (out of paper, clay, whatever you have to hand like a plate even) and have a spiral or some symbol for water underneath it that you charge and put the bowl of sand on. Maybe bottle up and filter clean some water from said beach to sprinkle on the sand before use. A simple petition to spirits of the beach and water that you make on the site, and then repeat at your current residence could help create a link. Here is a spell I have slightly adapted that may help you. The original is from The Book of Crystal Spells by Ember Grant.

While at the beach reach out intuitively to the spirits of the place, or say words to your liking asking for their aid. Bottle and filter the water on site. I would boil it and then coffee filter strain it tbh. If you don't have a camp stove you can always coffee filter it and then add a sea shell into the bottle. This water may need to be changed (and by this I mean Spring water then) but the shell should establish this link (and a grain of sea salt wouldn't hurt). Now as you fill your sand container I would say these words:

"Massive stones can become sand,
Tiny grains can build a world.
Meaning found in simple things-
Let the magic be unfurled!"

Give thanks to the spirits of the place. Once back at your residence leave the water and sand out in the sun, and then in the moonlight. At the witching hour cast your circle if you wish and hold the sand up and say these words (or something else you choose):

"Sun and Water, clean this sand,
Clear the touch of other hands.
Moon and Air, charge this sand,
Manifest the goal I've planned."

Finish the ritual as you see fit. Ember Grant does say that "If you use the same sand for the same purpose over and over again, you don't need to keep cleansing and re-charging it- it's similar to the process of dedication" I totally agree with this, but because you are using it to cleanse other stones then I personally would cleanse and charge the sand after use.

I hope I have been of help. If not pay me no mind, I'm going back into hiding :flyingwitch:

Love, light and peace.
A whole lotta peace.

Frozenlight
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Nice contribution, frozenlight.

(and good to see you around these parts)

frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

Ta muchly Kassandra. I will be trying to take a more active role in this next half a year and onwards.

Love, light and peace.
FL
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”