How do you manage empathic dreams?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Re: Wondering on other peoples opinion, but...

Post by Raven At Heart »

Update, apparently overnight delivers on sundays xD. I'm preparing the dust for it now. Then I'll charm it. P.S. To Xiao, who alterred my posts title. I was not asking how to stop all empathic dreams, I was asking if anyone knew how to lessen nightmares caused by this.
I'm a spiteful, hateful, venomous creature, a pupil with no scruples who's no better then my teacher. Also not actually a raven.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How do you stop empathic dreams?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Cleansing and shielding are the usual go-to protections.

Best wishes for success...or, sweet dreams.. :mrgreen:
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

SpiritTalker wrote:Cleansing and shielding are the usual go-to protections.

Best wishes for success...or, sweet dreams.. :mrgreen:
Thank you very much spirit, for the best wishes.
I'm a spiteful, hateful, venomous creature, a pupil with no scruples who's no better then my teacher. Also not actually a raven.
Danek

Post by Danek »

Please don't forget Raven that everyone is trying to help you in a situation they are not experiencing themselves. Almost every response you've given have been perceived as slightly rude. Whether intended or not, please don't forget everyone is just trying to help you. My suggestion, if you know so much as to why these dreams are happening, I feel like you may have more of an answer for yourself than you realize. I personally am confused by what you are looking for. My go to in weird situations is talking to my higher self.

-Danek
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

I am not meaning to be rude, I have just never been a very tactful person. I'm an introvert and I am fully aware I am often perceived as an asshole. I know this is my own fault and it is something I have tried to change, but that is easier said then done. You are right however, I will obstain from seeking help in the future, as I am not great at expressing what I am trying to ask for.
Danek

Post by Danek »

No always seek help! I think some of us just got confused is all.

-Danek
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: How do you manage empathic dreams?

Post by SnowCat »

Lack of facial expressions and body language is a pitfall inherent in online discussions. It's one of the reasons that thread titles and posts get edited. And even the mods and support have bad days. We really aren't robots bent on forum domination.

Snow :flyingwitch:
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Snow we all know cats secretly plot world domination. It's ok. We still love ya.

Raven, what does grounding do for you, re: over stimulated sensitivity? Can you ground while dreaming? Grounding won't shut off the ability, but tones it down from overload states.

I used grounding over 20 years ago, when I was like a human sonar with multiple blips on the scope, telepathic and empathic, plus flipping from one time to another until I didnt know if I was comin' or goin'. I didn't know about cleansing and shielding yet, so all I did was ground, multiple times daily. It worked after several weary months, and does not bug me now. So I wonder if it will work on dream state "incoming".
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

I wear a pendant made of black agate everywhere but the shower. It is a grounding stone, it also has one of solomons sigils on it. It helps when I am awake. I also charmed it with several wards. But when I sleep like when I meditate I don't stay in my body, I end up in the astral plane which borders the physical world and several other dimensions. I get drawn to points of spiking energy. usually energy spikes most when there are negative emotions so strong somewhere on our world, that it breaks the veil. And that's what I wind up seeing in my dreams. But I have a dreamcatcher now, and it stops me from ending up in those parts of the astral plane as I sleep, due to the way I charmed it. This is also the reason shielding never did me much good against this. The raven in me is a healer who is drawn to pain cuz it wants to heal it away.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

SpiritTalker wrote:Snow we all know cats secretly plot world domination. It's ok. We still love ya.

Raven, what does grounding do for you, re: over stimulated sensitivity? Can you ground while dreaming? Grounding won't shut off the ability, but tones it down from overload states.

I used grounding over 20 years ago, when I was like a human sonar with multiple blips on the scope, telepathic and empathic, plus flipping from one time to another until I didnt know if I was comin' or goin'. I didn't know about cleansing and shielding yet, so all I did was ground, multiple times daily. It worked after several weary months, and does not bug me now. So I wonder if it will work on dream state "incoming".
Curses! Foiled again! ( borrowed from a song by the Royal Guardsmen)

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

SnowCat wrote:
SpiritTalker wrote:Snow we all know cats secretly plot world domination. It's ok. We still love ya.

Curses! Foiled again! ( borrowed from a song by the Royal Guardsmen)

Snow
I didn't think cats needed to take over the world. I thought they were already the center of it. :lol:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Thanks for explaining what happens. Yea, I get it now.anything you'd do will have to be done on the astral level, like building an astral temple or an astral shield...which is what your dream catcher does. Shazbott!
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

Yah, I am sorry I am so terrible at explaining the problem when I seek assistance. I am sometimes too guarded with my knowledge, particularly when it is directly related to me. Other times i flow it too much like a river and it floods. Particularly when someone else is seeking help.
ZippyZoo

Post by ZippyZoo »

Raven At Heart wrote:Yah, I am sorry I am so terrible at explaining the problem when I seek assistance. I am sometimes too guarded with my knowledge, particularly when it is directly related to me. Other times i flow it too much like a river and it floods. Particularly when someone else is seeking help.
It seems like you've got it resolved but on the off chance you're still seeking ideas....
Since we've been talking animals, is it possible to call on an animal guide to travel to the astral with you as you dream? Bear is the guardian of dream time according to some, and I'm sure there are others. Or an animal that knows how to incorporate boundaries and self care as it simultaneously heals others. Maybe your raven soul could use some defensive aid, or a protector, or simply a friend, as it seeks/hunts. Wild idea.
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

That is a good idea. The issue is already resolved and while is a good idea, that wouldn't had worked out to well. When I'm asleep I am fully raven. I am capable of setting my own boundaries as such but still choose to try and heal a bad situation, which in turn causes me to suffer from trying to heal it. If I dragged another animal along and it tried to stop or even assist me I'd wind up in a fight with it.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”