I need help figuring out my method of divination.

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
gentlelamb

I need help figuring out my method of divination.

Post by gentlelamb »

Can someone help me determine my style of divination? I just need help pinpointing what I like since I'm very indecisive and adhd lol so I can never really agree on anything
Katrinkah

Re: I need help figuring out my method of divination.

Post by Katrinkah »

What are you drawn to? If nothing, then what have you tried? What was the most accurate for you? What feels the best? This sounds cheesy but listen to your heart and your gut. Meditating on it may help you do that.... If your still having trouble, maybe start out with something simple Iike a pendulum.
Yolie

Post by Yolie »

I meditated on the subject in general. Two days later my father gives me a brand new deck of playing cards. So, I bound my deck with thyme(to keep it speaking truth) lemon grass cleaned my playing cards. Thanked my spirits and I practice Cartomancy. It works great and is spot on.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, yarnoldt14
Please go to the top section of the forum and introduce yourself. Thank you!
ZippyZoo

Post by ZippyZoo »

You could start with oracle cards. It's easier than tarot to meditate with since they usually give you a less ambivalent message. Or you could read tarot intuitively.
You could also use a pendulum to divine which divination method works best for you haha!
Or dice! Like a normal one.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

If you like the idea of card reading, but shudder at looking up meanings or memorizing 78 cards, try Mlle. Lenormand deck which has 36 cards and pretty obvious meanings. Lenormand decks range vastly from $11 to $30. Or try the Gypsy Witch deck that have printed meanings and are under $10. Then it's like weaving a story.

And speaking of story, there are picture dice called Storey Cubes, which are used exactly that way...to trigger a story. There's a starter set, and additional sets to add on with special interests. And there are letter dice. They get a bit pricey to keep adding on.

You could invent your own system & make your own kit from the loose items in a junk drawer. Or gum ball toys, coins, bracelet charms, and Monopoly game pieces. As long as the items spark a symbolic association in your mind, it will work. A tiny doll is the querent and how near the other pieces fall to the doll is related to how much impact that sign will have, near in time or distant. And this kit doesn't cost anything.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ha ha! Spirit! You just gave me an idea what to do with an old scrabble set :fairy: Thank you :D :surprisedwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Divination”