Definition of "merfly"?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
SaturnStar

Definition of "merfly"?

Post by SaturnStar »

Does anyone know anything about "merfly"? Is it a term familiar with wiccans or pagans?
May the Moon guide you with her light
May the sun greet you with a smile
May the wind kiss you cheek as it passes
May Bodies of water always refresh you
May the Earth hold you firm upon her mantle
Kassandra

Re: Definition of "merfly"?

Post by Kassandra »

Never heard of it.

corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Provide more context. Where did you hear it, and in what reference was it made?
SaturnStar

Post by SaturnStar »

Kassandra wrote:.

Never heard of it.
Good Morning Kassandra. For some reason it rings a bell but I can not recall why or how. I saw it in conjunction with someone's pagan name and I was wondering what it meant. I have no way of contacting the person who the name is associated with so I thought i would ask around. It is likely just someone's creative use of words but I thought if there was a chance it was a term others were familiar with it would not hurt to ask. Thank you for responding.
SaturnStar

Post by SaturnStar »

corvidus wrote:Provide more context. Where did you hear it, and in what reference was it made?
Good Morning Corvidus. There is not much context to provide. Kassandra also commented and I told Kassandra all I know and the context. It is likely just someone's creative use of words and nothing more. Thank you for responding. I sincerely hope all is well with you.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Course my first thought was it must have something to to do with mermaids. Swimming flies? Oh...maybe dragonfly, the nymphs are water born and pretty wild looking.
But no, never heard of a merfly...like you said, a creative name... perhaps exclusive to this persons magical name?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

You're so polite and well-mannered Saturnstar, thanking everyone and such. :D If I come across any info on merfly being anything more than a creative online username, I'll be sure to post. Sometimes there's something behind a thing that seems made up, you never know.

Take care.

SaturnStar

Post by SaturnStar »

Kassandra wrote:.

You're so polite and well-mannered Saturnstar, thanking everyone and such. :D If I come across any info on merfly being anything more than a creative online username, I'll be sure to post. Sometimes there's something behind a thing that seems made up, you never know.

Take care.
Good Morning Kassandra and Merry Meet.
I read something from Snowcat, that had posted a few years ago, about respecting the people who take the time to respond to your questions by acknowledging that response and thanking them for it. Of course for me that is something I was taught early on. I believe, if done correctly, it creates a circle of positive energy. It allows each of us to build relationships based on trust and the belief that we care for one another. The opposite is just as true. To not answer creates a climate of negative energy that left unaddressed can be quite destructive. Thank you for being willing to update me on anything you find but I am believe that the name is merely a creative use of words whose meaning lies within the heart of the user and can only be defined by that individual.
Hope all is well. Blessed Be

SaturnStar

Post by SaturnStar »

firebirdflys wrote:Course my first thought was it must have something to to do with mermaids. Swimming flies? Oh...maybe dragonfly, the nymphs are water born and pretty wild looking.
But no, never heard of a merfly...like you said, a creative name... perhaps exclusive to this persons magical name?
Bb, Firebird
Good Morning Firebirdflys and Merry Meet. How are you. I hope all is well. I like your thinking about mermaids and dragon flys. I love Dragon Flys they are quite the magical being. Of course so are Mermaids. I have never heard of swimming flies and will have to look them up. As you suggest I tend to agree that the word is merely the creative use of words by an individual. Thank you for responding. Blessed Be

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”