My friend has been visiting me in dreams

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Sumer-rising

My friend has been visiting me in dreams

Post by Sumer-rising »

My friend whom I was very close to passed away about a year ago. The last month she has been in all my dreams. I feel like she is trying to tell me something but I can't hear it.
I'm not sure what this means or how to hear what she is saying.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: My friend has been visiting me in dreams

Post by SpiritTalker »

This may sound silly, but ask her to call you on the dream telephone, then your dream energy will transfer from visual to hearing. To talk to her, just imagine you are doing so...or even imagine you are dialing her on the phone. Let it play thru your imagination.

My sympathy for your loss.
Sumer-rising

Post by Sumer-rising »

The weird thing is the dream from last night we were on the phone and everytime she would go to speak the line would turn to static. Hopefully she will try again tonight.
Thank you. I miss her terribly
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Sumer-rising wrote:My friend whom I was very close to passed away about a year ago. The last month she has been in all my dreams. I feel like she is trying to tell me something but I can't hear it.
I usually get that around the time of (so-called) dead peoples' birthdays or anniversaries, or that of their kids, grandkids, or someone else very important to them. They really like special occasions commemorated somehow, and they'll keep popping up until you acknowledge it. If they had an excellent funeral, they'll even pop up around that anniversary, because in their eyes it was still a party devoted to their memory, no different than a birthday party. They were just happy to see everybody gathered on their behalf, and it remains one of their happiest memories.

Not saying that's the case in your case, but that's been my experience. Since it's been a year, maybe she's just popping in to say, "Remember me," and simply wants you to say hi too, to laugh a little, maybe look at some old pictures of you guys and say, "Haha, remember when we did that? And you said..., and then I said...?" etc. People think they have to wait until Samhain, or Obon, or Dia de los Muertos before they are "allowed" to acknowledge the dead. But, we are free to do that any day of the year, and they welcome it. No one wants to be forgotten.

Sumer-rising

Post by Sumer-rising »

Kassandra your post made me tear up. Her birthday is in a week. Maybe that is why she is showing up.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Haha, better go buy some cake mix and candles! Gah, you should hear my mom clamoring before her birthday every year, lol. And I didn't update my old friend's memorial Facebook page for his funeral anniversary this past June, and boy did I get an earful for a couple weeks until I realized what he was saying! I had totally forgotten to do it. There were all these new friend requests waiting for confirmation, etc. Several of us report feeling his presence every year, same time.

We have an in-memoriam forum here if ever you'd like to post an ode to her: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum/forum155.html

Condolences.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”