Samhain ancestor meditation

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Samhain ancestor meditation

Post by Firebird »

On Samhain I went to a ceremony on a hill in the Santa Monica mountains.
We did a kind of meditation that went into the mound similar to the one at Brú na Bóinne.
I was having some difficulty getting into a good head space, partially because it is difficult for me to get comfortable on the hard ground. But at last I was traveling away from my body, even spent some time soaring over the land we were on in the form of a raven as I had also taken steps to represent the Morrigan and had a great corvid mask on. Then I drifted from one image to the next, but nothing really made sense or was worthy of noting. I sensed the other folks in the meditation we stirring and was feeling myself coming back when suddenly I encountered my dad (who has been dead 10 years now), he was sitting on a bench with my biological father (who died befor I was born) he looked at me and said this guy ...pointing to bio-dad, isn't half bad. They looked like they had been having some great conversation with each other, and were chuckling and acting all chummy. He went on to say they had the Navy in common (which I already knew) but they seemed to get great satisfaction from that. I felt sorta repulsed, didn't my dad know that bio-dad forced himself on bio-mom and thats how I came about? I don't remember saying anything, the vision faded and then I heard the others in the meditation standing up as a faint rythmic beat was playing to guide us back.
I'm not really sure what to do with this. It's kind of making me angry at my dad.
Help.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Samhain ancestor meditation

Post by SpiritTalker »

Men! #%¥+*! I'll bet they were talking about you, and taking credit for how well you have done. At any rate, your well being's something they share an interest in. The message seems to be about anger, since that's what you felt. Letting by-gones be. After you slap the crap out of him(or maybe both of them) 1st, of course.

This is just my take on it, of course, ... :evilwitch:
Underneath all of the very excellent reasons for resentment, you want to let it go, so you have been confronted with the opportunity.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

SpiritTalker wrote:After you slap the crap out of him(or maybe both of them) 1st, of course.
naw...that doesn't really work,
but yeah I wasn't angry at first, initially I was thinking how cool my two dads meet on the astral and are friendly with each other. But the more I thought about it the more it aggravated me.
Huh...
I'll be back. ..
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yea, I thought the 2 of them male bonding was kind of nice since the only reason for them to meet is for your sake.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It might be that they're coming to terms with the past, so that they can progress. That doesn't excuse what happened to you and how it's affected you, but they have to be able to move on. And it may have been a preview, for you, of what to expect when you cross to the nightland. Seeing that, with no preparation before your crossing, might be even more traumatic. If men were held to the standards that they expect women to meet, they wouldn't last long. No offense meant to our XY members here. You guys are generally pretty good.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”