Chakra Gemstones Question

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hello all! Today while finishing up my Christmas shopping I came across this fabulous necklace. The store is sort of a "trendy hippie/pagan" store if that even makes sense, but because it's more trendy than anything, I often question the legitimacy of the "spiritual" items for sale in there. Regardless I got this becautiful crystal necklace with stones placed onto it to represent the chakras.

Now that I have it and I'm wearing it, I've noticed that it seems two of the stones have been mixed up in order. Being somewhat OCD about things being accurate, it's kind of driving me nuts! I think the 4th and 5th stone are switched. The 4th should correspond with the heart chakra, and is typically green, and you can see the 5th stone on this necklace looks like green adventurine. And, the 4th stone here is a very very pale blue, it's almost looks clear. I think it's a blue topaz, which would likely correspond with the 5th chakra, the throat chakra.

What do you all think? Think this was someone's little mistake or do you know some reason why these would be switched? I'm inclined to think that I'm right in thinking the store isn't that accurate but sells things just to be "trendy" hoping its customers are none the wiser. Think I should return it or try to exchange it? Or, should I just embrace it how it is? It is lovely....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Chakra Gemstones Question

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yeh, I'd say it was someone's goof. If it called you from amongst others, keep it. If it bugs you, exchange it. The properties are all present, regardless of arrangement. If they were in a circle, would it matter?
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Eh.. I'm on the fence about it. If they were in a circle it wouldn't matter, but I would still expect them to be in the correct order in the circle with the root chakra stone connecting the circle at the 3rd eye chakra.. you know what I mean?

I do think it's pretty. I looked through a few and I chose this one because I liked the placement of the stones and sizes of them the best and I liked the size of the larger quartz. I actually think it's kind of prettier because of the stone switch, I like the green next to the amethyst. It doesn't make it a true rainbow and I actually think it makes it prettier, so that's why I'm considering keeping it. And, yes, all chakras are equally represented and that's the purpose, it's doesn't really matter if they are in order. But, still there is this OCD side of my that is always going to notice that and be like "dang".

One pro for exchanging it is that after wearing it all day I realized it's actually kind of heavy. Seems crazy because it's not THAT big but I could feel the weight in my neck after a few hours, so an exchange for a smaller one, with stones in correct order may be worth it. I'll sleep on it, literally, and decide tomorrow when I have to get out and run some errands. Thanks SpiritTalker!

Rosie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

If you knew the glue you might rearrange the two. I sympathize in OCD well-dang. It's a pretty piece.
BlessedbyHecate

Post by BlessedbyHecate »

Amethyst, my favorite of all times!
Blessed be by Hecate!
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Well, I actually ended up exchanging it for a smaller one with the stones in correct order. It's not so heavy on my neck and I'm super pleased with it!

Amethyst is one of my favorites too!!
BlessedbyHecate

Post by BlessedbyHecate »

Personally i would return it, so what if the order isnt exaty correct? You can carry a piece of amethyst and still benefit from its energes without it being on your head. If it were haling for a specific part of the body thats totally different! The crystals will resonate with you aura, mingle and benefit you!
Blessed be by Hecate!

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”