Psychometry

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
moonwitch*

Psychometry

Post by moonwitch* »

Ok, I just started reading about Psychometry. This is something I have been able to do all my life. I did not know it had a name. For me mostly it is with places and it is very strong. And if spirits are present the seem to sense me and it can become to much. I reaction is usually to pull back and block them out. I am wanting to explore this now. So, I would like to see what advise or input any of you may have. For those who are not familiar with the word here is a explenation from Wikipedia :

In parapsychology, psychometry is a psi (or psychic) ability in which the user is able to relate details about the past condition of an object or area, usually by being in close contact with it. The user could allegedly, for example, give police precise details about a murder or other violent crime if they were at the crime scene or were holding the weapon used. Psychometry is a type of retrocognition. Psychometry, like all other paranormal abilities, is unconfirmed and hotly debated in most circles.

This term refers to bursts of energy and/or memories, both negative and positive, which have left an “imprint” upon an object or place. For instance, a house where a traumatic experience has happened, such as a murder or suicide, may feel distinctly chilled or “bad”; while a favorite childhood toy or play area may feel light or “good”. A place or thing may be so charged with emotions and memories that it may even seem haunted.
Moon Witch
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

I'm very interested in things like that, I watched a programme about 2 women helping police with the murder of 2 young women ( nurses I think) killed in a wooded area somewhere in the U.S. can't remember where tho. It was very good they led the police from the road to the area the women where found and showed them the place they where murdered and how.
At least the families had closure. They eventually caught 1 many years later the other was dead.

blessed be
APHRODITE
XXX
moonwitch*

Post by moonwitch* »

Wow Aphrodite .. what channel was that on?
Moon Witch
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

I think it was on sky, but it was an american show.

blessed be
APHRODITE
XXX
moonwitch*

Post by moonwitch* »

hmmm .. well I will have to watch for it
Moon Witch
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

Oh definetley worth watching, I'm always watching out for stuff like that, there was one show over here with a man doing it, I love stuff like that, though I do feel sorry for the families of those who died, but at least they know the truth.

blessed be
APHRODITE
XXX

Return to “General Divination”