Broken crystal wand

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Nightwind

Broken crystal wand

Post by Nightwind »

I have a quartz wand, approximately 15cm in length, that has always been a favourite and which I felt connected too. A good while back, it fell on the floor and broke in half. I was upset about this, and contemplated leaving it as two pieces, gluing back together, etc.
I decided that I still wanted it as a wand, but glue felt like it would block the flow from one end to the other, so I used sellotape wrapped around the break, which worked well.
The problem now is, that I don't feel the energy or a connection to the stone anymore; it's like it's lost something.
Carrying or holding it has not helped. It may be partly because I now feel like it is more fragile, and am afraid it will break if I handle it too much.
Any advice on how to get the energy/connection back, or why it feels like it has lost it in the first place?
corvidus

Re: Broken crystal wand

Post by corvidus »

Why not transfer the crystal to a new wand?
Nightwind

Post by Nightwind »

The whole wand is made of crystal. It's a hexagonal single terminated crystal approx 15 by 2cm.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Oh! Haha totally misread that.

There is a disconnect between the two halves because the piezoelectric flow within the quartz crystal structure has been broken. Piezoelectric materials, when pressure is applied to them, generate an electric current (in crystal points, it flows upwards and out the point).

If you want to rejoin the flow, try wrapping the two halves with a copper wire from the base to where the point starts to taper. The copper should transfer the piezoelectric charge from the bottom half to the top half.

Kind of like the image below, but obviously so that the two half's are held together tightly. Smaller jewelery-wire is probably best.

And maybe something that doesn't look so ugly haha
Nightwind

Post by Nightwind »

Great idea!
I have some silver plated copper wire, but think the silver would block the charge from flowing, seeing as the copper would not be in direct contact with the crystal?
Thanks for the pic!
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Silver would work too. It's also a decent conductor.

And any metal will help conduct etheric energy.
Nightwind

Post by Nightwind »

Cool, I will have to try that and see the difference it makes.
Cheers!
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Yeah, let me know how it works! I'm basing this off theory so I'd like to know how the actual practical part turns out!

:)

Another thing to consider is which direction the wire is wrapped -- clockwise or counterclockwise.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”