Previous religious vows

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Re: Previous religious vows

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

I too was pnce catholic in my case because my mother was one but ive always been drawn to witch craft and paganism. Now i do still honor jesus but i honor him as a powerful witch and teacher (cause lets be honest here thats what he was). Now would i call on him as the same time as my matron goddess Nyx nope however one thing ive learnt over my past few months of spiritual development is that the path we walk has no rules.
moonlightsonata

Post by moonlightsonata »

Well, I did a ritual asking for release from the vows. I acknowledged to the God and Goddess that I had made these vows and that I was now unable to keep them. "I come before the Divine and acknowledge that I made vows to follow a specific way of life and believe a certain way. I find myself needing to live a different way, being called to a different way and unable to keep those vows. I did not choose this new path, it chose me. I have to respond to that call. I ask You to release me from my vows to the Catholic faith and to the Order of the Carmelites. I am sorry that I made promises I am unable to keep." I then cut a cord that I had anointed with a banishing essential oil, and burned the pieces. I then lit a candle asking for light and wisdom in my new path, and that the joy and peace I feel would continue to increase.

I'm just putting this out here in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation (which is unlikely, I realize).
Daughter of Hecate and the Morrigan
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

I feel the Gods are so far beyond petty vows and the many childish things we humans concern ourselves with that they laugh at the significance we attribute to such things. They are not focused on our words and our rituals they instead see only our intentions, thoughts and spiritual emotion. Only the Christians believe their God is a jealous and vengeful God. The Immortal "Ancient Ones" we call God and Goddess are above such foolish petty concerns we fret about.

The Magickal Name I adopted happens to also be the name of my Goddess Shekinah (Spirit Guide). For years I was troubled about it being taboo to use the name of a Goddess and worried such an act might offed Her. Then one night in solitary circle The Shekinah made Her presence known to me and was amused that I had been troubled by such a meaningless concern. She assured me it was not an issue and In fact She was pleased that I so treasured Her relationship that I should use Her name. That name was actually given to me as a code name while with the "Agency" and I chose to retain it after retirement. I was not thinking about there being a Goddess of that name because I was attributing it to sacred space in Rosicrucian and Masonic temples also called the Shekinah.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”