Was I sent a dream?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
SummertimeDime

Was I sent a dream?

Post by SummertimeDime »

Hello all :)

Recently I have suffered a traumatic experience dealing with my family. Naturally I can't shake the experience, but more so because I think I was warned about it in a dream I had a few nights earlier.
I have not had a precognitive dream before (to my knowledge) but my intuition is telling me that it was sent to me. I feel as though a higher power was trying to warn me or make me aware of this situation beforehand.
Is this possible / does anybody have any experience with this?

I do not have a patron deity and am just beginning to discover my path. Am I being reached out to?

Any information regarding this topic is appreciated :) Have a blessed day/night.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Was I sent a dream?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Precognition is a fairly common psychic phenomena in a witchy life style. After all, what is a Tarot reading for? The dream state is a likely time to come through because we are relaxed and more receptive. Our brains never stop functioning. I feel these heads-up come from our higher self, our own over-soul as well as the occasional outside intervention. In my opinion they are meant to prepare us, and help us to handle the blows life pitches our way, big & small. It is rare that we can interpret the content & act to prevent the events they predict by any thing more decisive then ducking at the opportune moment. We can offer assistance and concern after. We truly can't control other people.

Here's a totally trivial example: several days in a row I'd kept "seeing" my favorite coffee mug smashed on the kitchen floor, but I didn't know how it got there. I then took special care to not leave the cup near the edge of a counter where a cat or a quick motion from me might knock it off. Then, while in another room, with all cats present, I heard a crash and shattering noise from the kitchen. Well, dang it all. The wall clock had fallen off the wall, bounced and pushed the cup from it's safe place to smash on the floor. Sigh. :| I mean, geez. The clock had been in it's place for years.

And my sympathies for your family traumas.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Being new to your path, someone may have shown you an ability you have that you might want to practice or, at least,be aware of.You could be starting a new direction on your path. That remains to be seen. Just stay cognizant of it.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Precognitive dreams are disturbing in their accuracy. You have my sympathy for your trauma.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”