Symbols?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
rose1590

Symbols?

Post by rose1590 »

Hey guys. So I’m still in the process of learning how to journal and interpret my dreams. I had a couple things show up in my dreams the other night and I was wondering if anybody could help point me in the direction of what they might mean. Why’re very vague descriptions I apologize, I couldn’t remember a lot the morning I woke up from them. Dream 1 just had a lot of labradorite show up? I’ve always loved labradorite but I’ve never had crystals or stones appear in my dreams like that and I’m not sure what it could mean. Dream 2 was also very short in details, but I can just about remember browsing at a street side kiosk. This older man with tanned skin was selling all these statues on a table. And they alllll were the same thing in varying sizes, textures, and colors. They were statues of a human figure but had no face or details like hair or ears or fingers. They had a larger torso with emphasis on the stomach region and genitalia I believe. The breasts were flat almost. And the figure was sitting with legs criss-crossed. If anybody has any ideas on the general meanings of either of these, they would be greatly appreciated!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Symbols?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Labradorite enhances psychic attainment and aids communing with the higher self. Browsing the side street kiosk reminds me of tourist souvenirs & the statuettes put me in mind of the fertility goddesses. You only mentioned breasts so I'm assuming the genitalia were female? If I were to weave these descriptions together into some relationship, a possible "translation" might be that your higher mind could be showing a "browsing" concept of paganism without any identifying "details" on the statues to indicate any particulars about the identity. She could thus represent seeking a goddess or could represent all goddesses as one.

In contrast, you'd noticed more details about the vendor wiTh skin tone & age. Need to interpret his actions; since you paid attention to him, his presence has meaning.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

The curious art of dream interpretation depends solely on the story-line.

You don’t just have one dream on one night. Your dream self is a subconscious character participating in a very unique learning experience. Except it’s not a character, it’s another part of yourself.

In other words, to have an accurate interpretation, you have to know where your dream-self has been in the past, as well as all the crazy shot they’ve been up to.
rose1590

Post by rose1590 »

SpiritTalker wrote:Labradorite enhances psychic attainment and aids communing with the higher self. Browsing the side street kiosk reminds me of tourist souvenirs & the statuettes put me in mind of the fertility goddesses. You only mentioned breasts so I'm assuming the genitalia were female? If I were to weave these descriptions together into some relationship, a possible "translation" might be that your higher mind could be showing a "browsing" concept of paganism without any identifying "details" on the statues to indicate any particulars about the identity. She could thus represent seeking a goddess or could represent all goddesses as one.

In contrast, you'd noticed more details about the vendor wiTh skin tone & age. Need to interpret his actions; since you paid attention to him, his presence has meaning.

This was a great help. Thank you so much.
rose1590

Post by rose1590 »

corvidus wrote:The curious art of dream interpretation depends solely on the story-line.

You don’t just have one dream on one night. Your dream self is a subconscious character participating in a very unique learning experience. Except it’s not a character, it’s another part of yourself.

In other words, to have an accurate interpretation, you have to know where your dream-self has been in the past, as well as all the crazy shot they’ve been up to.

Yeah it’s something I’ve been working on for a minute. Lately, I just haven’t been gettin good results. I don’t know if the fact that I have problems sleeping affects that but yeah. My sleeping self has been all over the place. But thank you for this! I appreciate the help.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”