Recurring dream

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
staceyboo

Recurring dream

Post by staceyboo »

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me figure out the meaning to this dream I've been have a lot recently.
Here's my dream.
It's in the night and I've just woken up I go down stairs to find my kitchen window is open and someone has been in my house, in my dream this is the second time it's happened. I then go outside to speak with the neighbours and they tell me a man breaks in every night to watch me sleep.
I some how know he's not in my house any more and go looking for his hiding spot which is inside the back of a red sofa, I lock all doors and windows get my cat. For some reason I go back to bed when am in bed I say (I've been told I say it in my sleep too) your my guardian angel you're supposed to protect me so please do.
Why I would say this I don't know I've had this dream now 6 times always the same
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Recurring dream

Post by SpiritTalker »

A couple things come to mind. 1. If you have a second-hand sofa, get rid of it :lol: 2. Look at the symbolism of the dream's stage setting and action. Your subconscious is repeating the dream until you decipher it. And don't be surprised if the subconscious is dramatizing things to make a point.

A break- in suggests feelings of vulnerability. An UN-secured kitchen window ... Hmm. Windows can symbolize spiritual eyes, like "eyes of the soul". This one isn't secured. It's open to whatever enters. So what are your shielding practices? Kitchens are hearth-representations, and our basic nourishment comes through them. That could be a perception of some "threat" to spiritual sustenance or just to security at the core level; maybe suggesting shielding procedures should be revamped.

The individual watches you sleep, and your appeal to your guardian spirit to watch over you as you sleep would be the focus. The rest was stage setting. We're most vulnerable as we sleep and more likely to spirit travel.

When he's gone you lock up...put your wards in place, take the cat & can go back to sleep...let your guard down. So you've carried out an action prompted by the events within your dream.

Have you put protections in place in day light living? Did you include all the windows and openings?

I'm just suggesting how to break down the dream into it's parts. Only you can determine what the symbols mean to you.
staceyboo

Post by staceyboo »

Thanks, for your reply. In my waking life I always make sure everything is locked up windows doors ect, my sofa is new and cream
I use sage in my house and sleep next to my Crystal I always thought that would be enough protection maybe not, could you suggest anything for protection.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I don't think the dream was about waking consciousness,but about the spirit level. The best protection I feel is an internal attitude of union with your higher-self consciousness ... and the external things are secondary. A crystal has to be purposefully programmed as a shield, as does our aura. It doesn't just do it without our focussed intent that it behave as a shield. We don't have to specify against what. Visualize a shield, a layer of golden or irresdecent white light radiating out from the solar plexus to fill the aura and extend beyond the body. Every inhalation strengthens the shield. It sustains itself. Ask your higher consciousness to help out... That kind of thing.

In the "getting started" post I'd done in WC & Wicca 101 section I give a heart temple exercise which I had been given as a way to open our minds to the higher self frequency and do it at our own pace so nothing is forced. It's just a way opener exercise.

There is also an exercise around here somewhere of the visualization of girding one's loins and putting on the armor. It's the same kind of aura shielding exercise.
staceyboo

Post by staceyboo »

Ok, thank you I will try this tonight

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”