Question about a spell?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Addalaide

Question about a spell?

Post by Addalaide »

Ok well i found something a little strange at my front door the other day, Oat Meal. Wasnt at any of my nabors doors at the apartment complex or on the grass just at my door. Is there a spell or anything that you use oat meal in? The only reson i whould like to know is i belive my nabor practises the craft as well, we havent talked about it, but i just feel it.It just looks like someone walked up and threw it at my doormat. Has anyone herd of anything that whould be done like this?

~Addalaide
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Elem

Post by Elem »

Of course, someone may have accidentally spilt some on the way past :).. Or it could've been kids playing around.

I'm not sure if it's used in spells, but I'd (personally) think it best to look for a more.. 'mundane' explanation for its appearance.

Elem
[Ebony Rose]

Post by [Ebony Rose] »

question - was the oatmeal in the dry, uncooked stage? or was it a sticky glob of goo?

I would also look for a "normal" reason for this to be on your doorway.

Some while back, dont remember where, but I read of certain grains (cornmeal mostly) that when spread at doorways and window sills, are said to be protective. Maybe your neighbor was protecting you from something?

Just thinking out loud :lol:
Skylights

Post by Skylights »

It must have been oatmeal fairies. Hide the toast!
[color=blue]*Skylights*[/color]

[color=green][i]"So if you don't rate,
just over-compensate...
The world loves wannabes,
so, hey hey, do that brand new thing."[/i][/color]
Elem

Post by Elem »

Haha perhaps it was, Skylights... I'll hide the bread, just to be sure ;).

Elem
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

someond probobly put it there as a joke. i wouldnt worry too much about it
-lydia
Nyte_Wytch

Re: Question about a spell?

Post by Nyte_Wytch »

Addalaide wrote:Ok well i found something a little strange at my front door the other day, Oat Meal. Wasnt at any of my nabors doors at the apartment complex or on the grass just at my door. Is there a spell or anything that you use oat meal in? The only reson i whould like to know is i belive my nabor practises the craft as well, we havent talked about it, but i just feel it.It just looks like someone walked up and threw it at my doormat. Has anyone herd of anything that whould be done like this?

~Addalaide

If there was oatmeal outside of your door and no where else then I'd think it was put there intentionally. I would speculate that it was used as a substitute for oats. The main magical use for oats is money/prosperity. I also found some sources that listed its use in peace spells and lastly I found a site that listed it as a "feminine" herb ruled by Venus hence it would be used in sexual magic. If you think your neighbor is practicing the craft then my next question would be do they know you well enough to want to offer you help with money/prosperity/peace or maybe they want to carry your relationship futher than just neighbors by enacting some type of sex magic? I hope this info helped ;o)
"Shit happens and shit will continue to happen, it's what we make of that shit that really matters." -hedgewitch

"If the universe fundamentally decides what is and isn't right for you then what is the point in spell casting?" -hedgewitch
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Well thay know i am engaged, I just found it really really odd the way it was plased, like it said looks like about a handfull was thrown at my door, i thought maby kids but really this complex has alot of younge adults in them who only have kids about a fue mounths if thay even have them. Just the way it was seamed very very strange to me, none on the ground or on the womans portch above me ( that was my first though she spilled some ) shes also the type of person who whould have swept it away from my door if she had of spilled it. But we have come across alot of people paying us back from money we lent them, even an old...dispute...was finly settled that invaled money. Thank you all for your input.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Nyte_Wytch

Post by Nyte_Wytch »

Since you've seen a return of money, especially money from a past dispute then I'd speculate that may have been the intention behind it ;o) Good luck.
"Shit happens and shit will continue to happen, it's what we make of that shit that really matters." -hedgewitch

"If the universe fundamentally decides what is and isn't right for you then what is the point in spell casting?" -hedgewitch

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”